Dunlop D404s are available in a WW in stock sizes. Avons are available in a WW if you want a narrow front tire. I'm running the Avon WWs right now. I got mine from Southwest Moto Tire. I've seen others; I don't remember brand names though. One of these two would be my pick.

Dunlop D404s are available in a WW in stock sizes. Avons are available in a WW if you want a narrow front tire. I'm running the Avon WWs right now. I got mine from Southwest Moto Tire. I've seen others; I don't remember brand names though. One of these two would be my pick.

Yeah what he said. I have the Dunlop 404 WWW. This is season two with them. I have about 14k miles on them so far. I will have to replace the rear this winter.

And people around here say "Shop at South West Moto Tires online."

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9132&highlight=swmoto

http://www.swmototires.com/

:checkeredflag::biker::usa:

Guest Bob [Tigerman] Kirby

Dont buy maxis tires I got 2800 miles on my rear tire.

great looking wide white wall but not for this heavy bike.

2001 Venture. Any suggestions? Checked with the Yamaha dealer and nobody seems to be carrying whitewalls.
Bought the stock Dunlop D404's that came with the bike. Southwest Moto has great deals, but this outfit had tires even cheaper, place is out of Sacramento, Calif. Both white-walls, the back one was 91.95, and the front tire was $96.95. Now heres the weird part. Got great mileage with the 404, 20k on the front, and 24k on the back. Then all of a sudden, they stopped making the hard rubber tire that got this mileage, because after that 24k on the rear tire, the exact same tire I got next time only got 8,500 miles. The one that got 24k on it, was the 150-90"B"-15, this is the tire they stopped making. The one that got 8,500 miles was a 150-90-15, notice the B is missing. So what happened when I just bought these two new tires?, the rear tire was a 150-90B-15, so I'll be keeping an eye on this tire to see if I get the mileage (24k) that I was use to getting before they stopped making this tire. So I guess it was one that was in the back of the warehouse left over from the days that they made this tire........just might get my money's worth this time.:mustache:

I believe GaryN likes the Avons and the ride they gave ..he just not sure about the longevity of the tires yet ....I myself have the Avons without the whitewalls and I'm curious to about the longevity of them ...but I can say I love the ride and how quiet the tires are ...I went with the bigger front tho cause I already had the leveling links ....

2001 Venture. Any suggestions? Checked with the Yamaha dealer and nobody seems to be carrying whitewalls.

I have the Avon WWW and just had the smaller front tire put on. Long story. Anyway, I haven't ridden with it yet as the bike is being painted. Going on the 3rd week of a 3 day job. Longer story.

Sigh.

I have the Avon WWW and just had the smaller front tire put on. Long story. Anyway, I haven't ridden with it yet as the bike is being painted. Going on the 3rd week of a 3 day job. Longer story.

Sigh.

I have the avon white walls. Smaller front tire improves handling. The white walls look great.

Do you guys have photos of those Avons on your bike ?

Brad