IGNORED

air box all dressed up

Thought I would post a photo of the stick on chrome I put on the air box last night. What do you guys think? Go ahead I can take it!

I chose this stick on cause it looks like a screen for an actual air intake. I had to move it a little forward (off center) because of the two little tabby's that stick off of the back of it.

now that looks good!!! Where did you get them???

Auto Zone, All of the auto parts stores carry them. Their inventories are different so you have to check them all to get the ones you want.

When I put this on I had to take the Dremel and cut out the back of it so that it would rest over the ridge that runs down the middle of the box. I also had to trim off the front fingers of the chrome piece so that it would go far enough forward to allow the back chrome fingers to be over the box.

Very cool addition.. thanks for letting us know where you got them. I already had it in my mind I was going to stop by an auto parts store or two to look for trim and lighting ideas.. I'll be thinking about the airbox more now when I'm there.

Sorta like mine....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32466

and, here's my "Carbon Fibre" treatment to the electrics side covers which I'm planning to do to the air box eventually.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34542

As a matter of fact SilvrT you were my INSPIRATION. After seeing yours, had to figure out something for mine. Really liked your carbon fiber mods, but that wouldn't look right on my millenium. Color wouldn't work against the off white.

Now that mod I like. I originally bought those portholes for my airbox also but wound up using them on the saddlebags. However that add on to the airbox looks great. Looks like im going to be spending some more money this weekend...

As a matter of fact SilvrT you were my INSPIRATION. After seeing yours, had to figure out something for mine. Really liked your carbon fiber mods, but that wouldn't look right on my millenium. Color wouldn't work against the off white.

cool... I like your's better than my "portholes" ... but, I'm gonna replace them with a carbon fibre arrangement of some sort... maybe I'll work on it tonight (coz I'm too old to go partyin on a Friday eve LOL)