IGNORED

New to the forum and bike. Lot's of questions.

similost

I'll race from BBQ joint to BBQ joint.. but I sure have had a hankering for Whataburger... Passed a few in TX a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't eatin time.. I remember those well from being a kid...

OK.. back on topic.. Found the Leveling Links on Diamond R and I'm betting I pick up a pair.. but I gotta wonder... How much do they raise the back end? 3/4"? and do they really help that much?

Guest tx2sturgis

Some of us have no use for Dairy Queen...I havent been to one in years...although a few months ago, a friend of mine reported they make good tacos...and knowing that MIGHT be enough reason to visit some day.

I'll race from BBQ joint to BBQ joint.. but I sure have had a hankering for Whataburger... Passed a few in TX a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't eatin time.. I remember those well from being a kid...

OK.. back on topic.. Found the Leveling Links on Diamond R and I'm betting I pick up a pair.. but I gotta wonder... How much do they raise the back end? 3/4"? and do they really help that much?

Yeah, they really do. Before you buy them, give the bike a ride while still stock. I did the Experience Rider Course while still stock and then immediately bought and installed the links. I like them.

And I don't know what I was thinking not mentioning upgrading the horn. The Stebel horn fits nicely right where the current stock horn is. There is a member here that makes a stainless bracket that allows installation to be a snap. You can find it in the Classified. Post on here when you are ready to do this install and we will provide a few tips.

Also, if you are inclined to do your own wrenching - and have a lift - I highly recommend a Carbon One lift adapter (spring for the extra dollars and get the one with legs). It is worth its weight in gold. Also to be found in the Classifieds.

If I recall correctly, the Roadie is a V-twin. If so, don't expect to ride the Venture in the same way. The V-4 power band is at higher RPMs. It likes to be wound out. The V-twins have more torque at the lower RPMs. There is a rev limiter on the Venture (no tach) that kicks in at about 65 in 2nd. Sounds like it starts missing (well, because that what the rev limiter does). You don't need to go to that extreme, but it doesn't hurt if you do.

RR

I bought a light bar that mounts below the trunk to the helmet holders. Comes in a kit with instructions and mounts in about 30-40 minutes. It has 11 led running and 11 led brake lights. It is bright. Go to (yamaha royal star venture led light bar). Go to the 4th one down to (e-bay light bar yamaha) click on it than about the second down should be led light bar kit. Shows the back of a venture with light. One of the best light mods you can make in my opion. Wife says it shows up great and looks good. Seller is hillis on e-bay.

Welcome to the site.

Oh yeah.. I'll be installing air horns on this bike no doubt. I've got Howard's Hog Horns on my Roadie.. No questions it's saved our skin a few times. Too many brain dead cagers out here. Not sure if I want to add horns like that again that stick out and are a bling accessory, or if I want the Steibles and kind of hide them.. All stuff to think about...

I used to have a Suzuki Madura.. GV1200.. V4...Loved that bike. and yes, like the Venture, you had to keep it rapped to really enjoy the power.. It was also a shaft drive too, so that will be interesting going from a shaft V4, to a twin with belt drive, and now back to a V4 shaft..

As far as seats go.. I don't know.. We'll see how we like the stocker first.. I'v got WAY too much money tied up in seats on my roadie.. I['ve bought 3 different ones. I like the one I have on it now (Cobin) but my wife doesn't... So this time before we waste money, I'm gonna make sure she is happy.. You know what they say about if momma isn't happy... lots of truth to that..