IGNORED

What Tachometer are you using?

1sttenor

I have a Baron's tach mounted on the front brake master cylinder. Here is a link ot a photo.

http://www.traynorphoto.com/07venture/pages/vent4.htm

DT

I just ordered a Baron tach for my RSTD. The one I ordered appears to have a handlebar bracket but the web site info indicated you can loosen the base and adjust the angle to compensate for the bar angle. Did you guys order one what was made to mount on a flat spot or did you improvise?:think:

I just ordered a Baron tach for my RSTD. The one I ordered appears to have a handlebar bracket but the web site info indicated you can loosen the base and adjust the angle to compensate for the bar angle. Did you guys order one what was made to mount on a flat spot or did you improvise?:think:

I ordered the tach with the reservoir mount. You replace the original cap with the chrome base. Here is a link to the cap.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=116&manufacturer_ID=167&product_ID=19841&sblid_name=Baron_Custom_Accessories_Brake___Master_Cylinder_Mount_for_Sub_Sonic_Tach___Honda_Yamaha_Models_for_Honda_Shadow_VLX_600&model_id=0

Dennis

The reason I was asking is that I plan on doing the triple gauge / vintage tape deck mount swap. So I'm looking for options for a tach. I was thinking something similar to the drag specialties on the bars, but just wasn't sure how it would look. You guys are a great help.

Which brings me to a question, why is the tach below so cheap?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=408088&store=Main&catId=&productId=p408089&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Hey Larry, Where did you get your tank bib?

Sorry 1sttenor didn't mean to hijack your thread

Mike

Could be mistaken, but it looks like a Hopnel/Show Chrome Tank Tie...You can find one here: clicky, clicky

I have one myself...except I clipped that lil whatchamacallit off the pouch :whistling: Nice part about the pouch is that it is removable with a quick twist-n-pull. Works great for holding my cell and MP3 player, I just snag it as I head in to work. :happy34::D

i use a koso tach. it has a built in water temp gauge in it.it is very stable.i like having the water temp built into the gauge it saves space and looks great.you can get them with oil pressure or oil temp also.not a bad deal for 150.00 for two in one gauge that is waterproof and made for a bike and comes with all the mounting brackets. it mounts to your handle bar or i mounted it on the right side resevor bolt. i can send a pic later if you want. i have ba551b23 model 27. you will find it in page 9 under motorcycle gauges.

Here is the link: http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/flashpage_us.php

i knew you would want a pic so here it is.it came with the mounting bracket that i used.

[ATTACH]28667[/ATTACH]

I had been looking at those and was wondering if anyone had one, thanks! I assume you don't have any difficulty reading it?

it easy to read i think.the needle stays steady even on mn. washboard roads. i think it is designed very well. the water temp is super fast reading...i had a barrons on another bike and that worked good to. i liked the idea of have 2 gauges in one so i gave it a try,plus a saved alot of money that i used to buy more safety chorme:mo money:

I assume you have the Baron 2" sub sonic mini tach. The one I ordered is the 3" Baron Bullet tach, and it doesn't look like it is compatible with that mount. I think I have a spot right next to the front brake reservoir on my Flanders handlebars that the 3" unit will fit and will give good visibility. Thanks for the info on the reservoir mount however. Most of the new toys I buy for my RSTD are purchased based on feedback found on this site (like yours).:happy34:

I ordered the Drag Specialities 1 7/8 from HellRiser Customs for $69.95 and used a Formotion P clamp, used to mount one of their clocks.Mounted it right next to the

front brake master cylinder.After mounting, took a pair of vice grips with a cloth in the jaws to keep from scratching the chrome,and twisted the flat bar used to mount the tach to face me.Now,I've got a tach mounted almost exactly like the Baron's,at a fraction of the cost.Oh yeah,the light in the tach is blue and matches my 2007 Venture.

I assume you have the Baron 2" sub sonic mini tach. The one I ordered is the 3" Baron Bullet tach, and it doesn't look like it is compatible with that mount. I think I have a spot right next to the front brake reservoir on my Flanders handlebars that the 3" unit will fit and will give good visibility. Thanks for the info on the reservoir mount however. Most of the new toys I buy for my RSTD are purchased based on feedback found on this site (like yours).:happy34:

The 3" diameter would be better. I would prefer it to be bit bigger than the 2". Once you have it mounted you'll find that the bike runs much better. I did. Before the tach I thought I was really cranking the engine up then shifting. After getting the tach I realized I was shifting at about 5000 to 5500 rpm and once I found that that I could wind it up a little tighter the engine really pulled strong.

DT

• 1 month later...
i use a koso tach. it has a built in water temp gauge in it.it is very stable.i like having the water temp built into the gauge it saves space and looks great.you can get them with oil pressure or oil temp also.not a bad deal for 150.00 for two in one gauge that is waterproof and made for a bike and comes with all the mounting brackets. it mounts to your handle bar or i mounted it on the right side resevor bolt. i can send a pic later if you want. i have ba551b23 model 27. you will find it in page 9 under motorcycle gauges.

Here is the link: http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/flashpage_us.php

Nice guage. How hard was it to hook-up the water temp sender? Did the one they supply work OK?

• 1 year later...
The 3" diameter would be better. I would prefer it to be bit bigger than the 2". Once you have it mounted you'll find that the bike runs much better. I did. Before the tach I thought I was really cranking the engine up then shifting. After getting the tach I realized I was shifting at about 5000 to 5500 rpm and once I found that that I could wind it up a little tighter the engine really pulled strong.

DT

Best accessory for a v-4...I was short shifting before I got a tach too, I let my v-twin buddies ride it and when I tell them when to shift they ask "will it take it" :big-grin-emoticon: