what did you put em on? i ride a RSV 2nd gen. Im not real crazy about the stock pipes, they just dont do the bike justice. but then again, i do like listening to the audio stuff while im riding. do you loose much audio when you loose the stock (quite) pipes?

papa, you can put the RK pipes on stock and they will sound close to stock. Slight deeper tone. If you do the full modification on the pipes they will increase deep tone but it is still mellow. They will not interfere with your sounds (music).

200 plus miles sence i put on the RK mufflers andthey were new when i put them on, Well i noticed today they seem a little louder... Not much, You think they are getting "broke in" or is it just me?

I don't recall a change that quickly, but mine have gotten a little louder over time. They are stock RK's... no mods. I have maybe 25k to 30k miles on them. I don't like loud pipes (I like to hear what's going on around me) and these are just fine!

Mine got a whole lot louder.....

Once I started my bike!

:sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo:

You win !!!!! thanks for exercising the laugh muscles (second time on the site today) you guys are as sharp as a bowling ball sometimes :happy65:

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

I put Krome Werks pipes on my RS-V but husband (Alan) doesn't like them, says they are too loud --and I'm starting to agree with him now (don't tell the big bugger though)

Can anyone give me a comparison in regard to the Krome Werks and the HD pipes :confused07: I got the pipes cheap so won't mind changing if it conserves my hearing--and whats left of the old man's :Laugh:

I have just removed the khrom werks and installed rk's. You will like them much better and they sound good.

Curtisb, Thanks for the input I think I will investigate the rk pipes now

never ride faster than your guardian angel :2133:can fly

i put barons bag slashes on my rsv and i can still hear the radio going down the highway without having the headset :guitarist 2:

Are the baron bag slashers cheaper than the HD road kings ?:think::confused07: As I will probably have a hefty postage bill, I need the best price:fingers-crossed-emo

papa, you can put the RK pipes on stock and they will sound close to stock. Slight deeper tone. If you do the full modification on the pipes they will increase deep tone but it is still mellow. They will not interfere with your sounds (music).

My experience as well.