IGNORED

Today's Ride

spotsy

Ok everyone up north, certainly not trying to rub it in. Just wish you could have been with us today.

Rider Duke, myself and our SCRC group went for about 350 miles today and walked through the Paw Paw Tunnel in Maryland. Good ride and great roads in that area. Just hard to think that they dug a tunnel 3118 feet long around 1850 and it's still in good shape. Even saw a few bats in the tunnel.

I hope everyone had a chance to ride today somewhere and here's wishing for warmer temps and no snow to everyone up north. Have a good week everyone.

Spotsy

Rode my wife's Suzuki C50 today. My RSTD is in the shop for the 1000 KM check over. Plus nine celcius and sunny today in Toronto. Forecast for tomorrow is 2 celcius with a windchill of minus eight (that's darn cold on any scale) with a mix of snow and rain changing over to snow by evening with one or two inches on the ground by Tuesday.

When I called the shop Friday, they said my RSTD would be ready for pick up Monday afternoon. I think I'll let them store it for a couple extra days!:crying:

Laura & I took a 280 mile ride today and saw 80º. We rode an area we have never been to before and it was beautiful. We have been on a shorter ride earlier this year, but I was a little concerned because I was feeling an oscillating vibration. I synced the carbs the other day and did not feel any vibration today. The bike ran and felt great. Our 1st fill up gave us 43mpg, but we had little time over 60mph. I probably did not get that good on the way home as most of it was between 65 and 80mph. I am really liking these Elite III's :clap2:

The frustrating part is Tuesday we are supposed to have snow and not get out of the 30's. But, it won't be too long before it will be summer. :crying:

RandyA

Me and a buddy got out for 4 hours. Did rt 82 north in Brandywine,PA then back down rt 100. Was nice out and bike ran well, saw lots of scoots. Had 2 separate rice rocket guys tailgate my buddy. Who is a real noob. he can ride OK but he's nervous. The sporty is his first bike. We let the two guys with the gas can strapped to the back of the leaders bike, go past at a stop sign. With a wave and a smile.... and the other guy we annoyed by making a turn into a drive way while he was up our ass. It was a friend of my buddys, house and we were obeying all the rules. ..lol He made his own tight spot by being too close. 85% of the riders gave a little wave. Saw a large group of wings and big HDs' all done up, go by. Very impressive and shinny...lol No close calls and just one dumb turn into that drive way. It was all gravel and I just pulled over at the top out of the way. So I didn't mess with the rocks too much. These bikes don't like rocks...lol The pix are from last month, on a smaller colder ride.

I had a wonderful ride, then the alarm went off and I woke up. Looked outside to see the snow falling, the wind blowing and the van covered with 4" of snow. Turned on the news and we have a winter storm warning until 8:00 pm tonight. Can't wait until tonight so I can go back to sleep and ride again. Key West sounds like a nice ride.:snow2: