IGNORED

I dropped the ball on tire

Mikealiasmike

When I ordered my tire from SWmoto I ordered the front size in a rear tire. Now I think I'm pretty well stuck with a new tire that won't fit anything I know. Anybody have a cross reference for tire sizes for the 150/80HB16 Rear in Dunlop 404's ? Shipping this thing back will cost more then probably putting it on Ebay. Any help will be appreciated. God Bless. Mike

Believe it or not, you can put it on the front of your bike. Just mount it in reverse rotation. That's what I'll be doing the next time I need a front tire. You should be able to do a search and get more info on it.

EDIT: The one's that do it say the handling is the same but being a heavier built tire they should get better life from it.

When I ordered my tire from SWmoto I ordered the front size in a rear tire. Now I think I'm pretty well stuck with a new tire that won't fit anything I know. Anybody have a cross reference for tire sizes for the 150/80HB16 Rear in Dunlop 404's ? Shipping this thing back will cost more then probably putting it on Ebay. Any help will be appreciated. God Bless. Mike

Mike I'll take it either outright or make a swap with you. I have a new in the wrapper Avon in the 130/80HB-16. I got it last year but never used it cause of triking the bike. I was going to take it to Don's maintence day and offer it up who ever may of wanted it then.

If interested e-mail or pm me and we'll work something out.

Larry

From what I understand, there is a rotation direction marked on the tire, it may have to do with tread patterns but more important it has to do with how the belts in the tire a laid together, so if you put them on backwards you run the risk of having them come apart at the seam. This info is from the Avon sales rep, I don't build tires so I can only go by what he said. For me, the tire goes on one way only, I've got enough problems to worry about without adding any extra load.

From what I understand, there is a rotation direction marked on the tire, it may have to do with tread patterns but more important it has to do with how the belts in the tire a laid together, so if you put them on backwards you run the risk of having them come apart at the seam. This info is from the Avon sales rep, I don't build tires so I can only go by what he said. For me, the tire goes on one way only, I've got enough problems to worry about without adding any extra load.

That sales rep's breath must of stunk, cause he was talking about his butt.

Put the tire on the front backwards and run it.

I was thinking the same thing, putting it on the front.

BTW--Is it a WWW?

Steve

Not, it's a black wall sorry

icon1.gifFLB 78

A lot of Harley's run that size on the rear.

Actually, I was at a Harley shop to have it installed and he was interested in buying it for my price but said he didn't have anything it would fit???

Carbon One you got message. Thanks everyone for responses. God Bless. Mike

That sales rep's breath must of stunk, cause he was talking about his butt.

Put the tire on the front backwards and run it.

I don't understand why it would need to be mounted backwards.I got 31,000 miles out of mine and only changed it recently because it was "cupping" From running the sidecar.

I BELIEVE I could have gotten another 20,000 out of the tire if not for the cupping.