IGNORED

Did I make a BAD mistake?

:no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no: I tore apart my 99 Venture to paint it. While cleaning it yesterday I realized I had not disconnected the battery before disconecting all of the electrical conectors and the spedometer cluster. How badly did I screw up? I have not gotten the parts back to install on the bike and do not want to connect the cluster until I reassemble the bike. Has anyone ever done this and not had to spend the big bucks to fix it?......Please say it'll be ok, i'm just sick!!! Thanks for any input guys.

Big Mike.......Who's wallet may be shrinking BIG TIME!!!:confused24:

When I had my bike all apart installing LED light and new passing lights...I took every connector apart and applied dielectric grease on every one I could find...lower fairing, fron fairing, side covers, and under the tank.

No problems at all.

What color or colors did you paint the bike ?

When I originally decided to paint the bike I was going to go with black with a white or blue pearl in the clearcoat. When I looked at the paint test panels that the bodyshop had done I decided not to go with the white pearl because it had a rainbow speckled appearance over black paint.....not what I had in mind, I was hopeing to see a charcoal look. I also looked at the blue pearl over black paint test panel and didn't like the midnight blue look either. I was hopeing both colors would be more hidden than they were. So after looking at paint chip after paint chip we settled on a custom mixed color to my specs......a VERY SHINY BLACK with some SILVER METAL FLAKE in it. It looks AWESOME, not too much metal flake to make it greyish in the sun, but not so little that you wonder if it is dust either. Looks like it is a dark charcoal when the light hits it. I will post some pics in another thread I had started last week, after it has been put together.

P.S. thanks to all of your replies in this thread. Yes....even you antique riding or owning first genners, I got a good laugh out of it.:whistling:

Big Mike

"P.S. thanks to all of your replies in this thread. Yes....even you antique riding or owning first genners, I got a good laugh out of it.:whistling:

Big Mike

Just remember that many of those 1st Genners are awefully jealous of us because they hardly have any plastic left on their bikes to be worth painting. The sides of our highways are littered with 1st Gen bits and peices. Obama should impose a useage tax on them to help clean up our roads. No wonder those bikes are so fast! Their's nothing left to them!:rasberry::rasberry:

Brian

[quote=boominup;310779

Just remember that many of those 1st Genners are awefully jealous of us because they hardly have any plastic left on their bikes to be worth painting. The sides of our highways are littered with 1st Gen bits and peices. Obama should impose a useage tax on them to help clean up our roads. No wonder those bikes are so fast! Their's nothing left to them!:rasberry::rasberry:

Brian

Now thats Funny:rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rasberry::rotfl::rotf:

just got my entire front end back together after painting ,rode it today and no problems at all,like they said take your time ---i went with the very dark red met. factory color from colorrite and they have the best clear coat i've sprayed in a long time and the color matched lol

Well Look at That!! A 1st Gen with some plastic left on it!! (PS...Nice looking bike, though)

Brian:happy65::happy65:

Yeah, not too bad for a 25 year old bike, huh! Even made a calendar last year! Matter of fact, there's a pic of a 1st gen doing a gnarly burnout in there, too. :bikersmilie:

Hmmmm, didn't see one of a 2nd gen doing that, though!

(They look more like this!):7_6_3[1]:

LOL

Dan

Yeah, not too bad for a 25 year old bike, huh! Even made a calendar last year! Matter of fact, there's a pic of a 1st gen doing a gnarly burnout in there, too. :bikersmilie:"

Could that have been exhaust smoke by any chance??? Brian

:mytruck1: BTW, here's a picture of a 1st Gen after one of them fancy "burnouts"!!