IGNORED

I sat on a 2nd gen

Guest Ken8143

Guest Ken8143

I am not sure what possessed me - stopped by a dealer Saturday, and there were a ton of new bikes there - including a wing and a venture.

Feeling like I was betraying mother hood, apple pie, and the american way, I sat on that venture. Please understand. I try to be kind most of the time. I don't necessarily like the looks of the 2nd gen - and don't want to stir the pot about that ...

BUT -

Dang. That was one comfortable sit. I could stretch out my arthritic knees. I got to thinking - hmm I might could get used to this.

BUT -

I am short in the cash department, and She Who Must Be Obeyed would never smile on a purchase of this magnitude - AND - they wanted $17K USD for a left over 2008. I'm thinking I better let it be.

I am not sure what possessed me - stopped by a dealer Saturday, and there were a ton of new bikes there - including a wing and a venture.

Feeling like I was betraying mother hood, apple pie, and the american way, I sat on that venture. Please understand. I try to be kind most of the time. I don't necessarily like the looks of the 2nd gen - and don't want to stir the pot about that ...

BUT -

Dang. That was one comfortable sit. I could stretch out my arthritic knees. I got to thinking - hmm I might could get used to this.

BUT -

I am short in the cash department, and She Who Must Be Obeyed would never smile on a purchase of this magnitude - AND - they wanted $17K USD for a left over 2008. I'm thinking I better let it be.

They do feel good on the backside and foot placement is in a much more comfortable place, especially if you have bad knees. Of which I do.

they wanted $17K USD for a left over 2008. I'm thinking I better let it be.

That's crazy... they were selling left over '08's here for that last Nov. and this is Canada!

Hey, there's lot's of older ones around for a whole lot less .... git yerself one!

Can't speak for anyone coming off a first gen, I've never been on 1. But my last bike was a 99 electraglide classic, and the amount of room for rider and passengers was a huge step up.

I sat on a wing the day I test rode the RSV, and couldn't get over the intimidation of all that "stuff" stuck in front of me. I've ridden one since, nice ride, but I didn't like bending back to shift and brake. Luv my floorboards.

Later, Scooter Bob

You know what the old saying is. "Once you go 2nd gen you never go back!" (I think that's how it goes??):think:

Nah, you have a small Typo there ...

Here the corrected Quote:

"Once you go 2nd gen you'll never go fast again !"

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

BUT -

BUT -

I do not know what planet that stealer was from, but when I bought my 08 in May, I only paid 15500 Find another dealer, this one is way out of line.

A leftover Venture down here goes for $14,500. Unless you just like the color it doesn't matter which year 2nd Gen you get they are all the same. I've seen low mileage Ventures for less than $10,000. About 4 months ago my buddy bought a 05 Midnight with 9,000 miles for $9000. The deals are out there. Come on over, you'll like it.

:thumbsup2: