IGNORED

What did I do wrong...?

Ok... I just changed out my stator on my 86. I get it back together, all buttoned up... and changed the oil while I'm at it... fire it up!

Hmmmm...

What's that knocking noise from the left crankcase cover??

I don't have any leftover parts, so any ideas??

Did it go back together easy or was it a lot of fun? The shifter linkage behind the cover needs to in the up position, it likes to be in the down position due to gravity but you need to keep an eye it to make sure it's right.

I took off the chrome cover and the small plate inside the cover (around the shaft) was a bit looser than t seems like it oughta be. :bang head::bang head:

Well, it looks like a bit more time tomorrow taking it apart... looking it over... and re-assembly.

:bang head::bang head:

When you do it once, it's an experiment. When you do it twice, you're an expert. If you do it three times, you're a genius :detective: at working on these bikes!:080402gudl_prv:

Well, I'm no genius... I found that I had 1 piece (a small plate) in the wrong spot and since I had stripped off the head of one of the pan head bolts the replacement had a bigger head. That combination caused the racket. All better now.:happy65: