IGNORED

removal of trunk

A few guys have done it. I think it looks pretty nice if you don't need the trunk. One guy in my city has done it. I've seen it in front of me and talked to the guy a bit. I don't have a picture of his though. I thought sure I had a picture of another one I had seen online a while back, but I can't find it.

I removed mine last summer for a while. I disconnected the cb and wiring (tucked wiring under rear seat) and removed the rack, trunk and antennas. I was suprised how heavy it was. The bike felt a lot lighter and handled different to me (Like a tour deluxe?) I liked the looks but missed the storage space, and the wife wouldn't ride on it without the backrest.

Hmmmm, not bad at all. The Venture does look sharp even without the Trunk. I do like the look even with the Harley rear lights. But, if you decide to get rid of it...I am interested to be the 2nd owner of your rear lights. :256:

Removing the trunk is pretty simple if you haven't done it already. Remove both the seats and unplug the connectors under the rear seat, these go to rear speakers, intercom and CB. I don't remember about the radio antenna because I took that off years ago. Remove the 4 bolts in the bottom of the trunk and the whole thing, backrest armrests lift off in one piece. The rest is just the support framework. There is a forum somewhere called ultra star with a lot of HD type mods.

That looks really good!

Do you have any info on this "ultra star" forum? I googled it and didn't find anything...

Like Bubba said Search "starglide" here on this site & you will get a few hits on how to do it.

Thanks Bubba for that, by the way