IGNORED

Motorcycle camping without a trailer

timgray

Soooooooooooo,buddy,are you saying that the Clampett's weren't riding safe when we came to Kitchener.....:crackup::crackup:Come on now,that stuff on the rack was only 3 feet taller then Shari's head...:8:

It does make a BIG difference in the way the bike handles....

And that's why I'm going the trailer route...10-4 :)

You know some of the miles that Lonna and I put on

:whistling: I can honestly say that for a weeklong trip I want to have a trailer behind me, and we stay in motels and dont camp. I just hate to see someone talk about the close calls that could be aleviated if they didn't have the bike overloaded :)

BTW I am in the process of building another trailer, this one will be a 1 of a kind....like everything else I like to build :thumbsup2:

If at all possible......avoid having a woman help you pack the bike. Don't get me wrong, women can pack like no bodies business, but most of them just don't quit until they have EVERYTHING that THEY want to take along. And I mean everything!

Dead Man Riding when the girls get ahold of me. :stirthepot:

Mike

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:whistling: I can honestly say that for a weeklong trip I want to have a trailer behind me, and we stay in motels and dont camp. I just hate to see someone talk about the close calls that could be aleviated if they didn't have the bike overloaded :)

BTW I am in the process of building another trailer, this one will be a 1 of a kind....like everything else I like to build

:thumbsup2:

I'm with you Squid. I'm thinking I will probably use my trailer on about every trip. It is just darn convenient. Take all the diet dew I need, chairs, If I might want it I can take it.

BTW I am in the process of building another trailer, this one will be a 1 of a kind....like everything else I like to build

:thumbsup2:

I hear ya man..It's not a good feeling to have to make a turn and the front end starts feeling a little light..:yikes:

Being that I drive a truck and trailer with air suspension,I looking to put a small air ride suspension under our trailer...It's still on the drawing board,so we'll see....

I did finally find a source for the right box.....

And yes, "Cupcake" says that you are 1 of a kind...:)

Another vote for a little trailer. I picked this one up on eBay for just under $300.00.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/johnswoodshop/Motorcycle/Trip022.jpg?t=1235834055

My Brother made this one:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/johnswoodshop/Motorcycle/Trip045.jpg?t=1235834158

His has a car top bag. So, there are several different options out there.

John

I have never been on a ride camping with 2 people on a bike but have been many miles and weeks on end motorcycle camping and it all depends on the person and what they need to camp with. I tend to camp with alot for 1 person and never used anything but my bike. Here is my last trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway and I always camp out on every trip I am not a wuus and do the motel or trailer my bike.

awrite!!!!... are you inferrin that I'm a WUUS????

:sign just kidding: :sign20: