IGNORED

Interesting Info on Progresive insurance

Reaney in NH

I've had my 2 bikes insured with Progresive for 3 years... and every year the costs have increased to my current bill of $306.00....

Then I bought my Venture to replace a bike... Did a Policy change and the new rate went to $497.00... Coverages are the same... except the Venture is newer.. worth more etc.

So just for kicks... I went to the Progresive site and acted like a new custermor and entered all my info for a NEW quote... Same coverages as before and even got towing added,.,, the NEW rate is $293.00.

I'm guessing that this grate rate will go up again next year and that its low to get me in... Nice reward for staying with a company for years with no claims... you get to PAY MORE then a new custermor with no history.

Anybody else run into this? Anybody know WHY? :think:

I've had my 2 bikes insured with Progresive for 3 years... and every year the costs have increased to my current bill of $306.00....

Then I bought my Venture to replace a bike... Did a Policy change and the new rate went to $497.00... Coverages are the same... except the Venture is newer.. worth more etc.

So just for kicks... I went to the Progresive site and acted like a new custermor and entered all my info for a NEW quote... Same coverages as before and even got towing added,.,, the NEW rate is $293.00.

I'm guessing that this grate rate will go up again next year and that its low to get me in... Nice reward for staying with a company for years with no claims... you get to PAY MORE then a new custermor with no history.

I ran into it with my car insurance, but my wife's insurance company is always lower than new quotes we get.

I've heard that if you haven't changed insurance companies in a year, you are paying too much. They make money on those too lazy to look around.

I ran into it with my car insurance, but my wife's insurance company is always lower than new quotes we get.

I've heard that if you haven't changed insurance companies in a year, you are paying too much. They make money on those too lazy to look around.

I think I would make a phone call, and try to discuss this with a real person .

Mine has always gone down every year until this one. They claim the state of texas has raised liability limits. Guess a phone call is in order.

My bikes are with Gieco because Farmers refuses to insure my 1999 Ninja ZX11D. Really ticked me off because I am 55 years young, clean driving record, and I only wanted liability coverage! Car and home still with Farmers and the home owners went up $175 this year. Did some shopping around and found others wanted more money. I guess I stay with Farmers . . .

I have had Progressive Ins. for several years. This years premium is $546/year if paid in full. About what is was last year. I had my insurance guy check around and found Dairyland Insurance for $410/year. Basic coverage is the same between the two except with Dairyland I get $5000. instead of 3,000 accessory coverage, $5000 instead of 2500 medical and $250 instead of $500 deductible. I decided not to continue to pay for Progressive's goofy commerals anymore. :buttkick:

My bikes are with Gieco because Farmers refuses to insure my 1999 Ninja ZX11D. Really ticked me off because I am 55 years young, clean driving record, and I only wanted liability coverage! Car and home still with Farmers and the home owners went up $175 this year. Did some shopping around and found others wanted more money. I guess I stay with Farmers . . .

Several years ago I was transfering all my vehicles and home to Farm Bureau Ins and at that time my son had full coverage on his CBR600 bike with them. They would not at the time insure my Venture. I ended up staying with Allstate for liability/uninsured motorist. Now they will insure my Venture and if he drops the CBR600, they will not pick it up again.

My yearly is $142 with higher rates. I raise the rates from minimum to a lot higher after Yammer Dans underinsured problem on the idiot that hit him.

RandyA

I had my boat through Progressive, $1,000,000 liability. It was $50 first year then went to $100. An Allstate agent contacted me and got me the same coverage for $60.

I had Progressive on VR too. The Allstate guy got that business by saving me more than 1/3.

For years I had Metropolitan for the cages and house. Periodically I'd shop it on the internet and find that Metropolitan was only a couple $$ higher than the cheapest. Then last month I asked the agent that has my business insurance to quote it. He sliced my homeowners and auto in HALF. That's more than $3,000/year!

The Progressive and Metropolitan policies I bought on the phone/internet. I'm now convinced that it pays to work with an independent agent.

For what it's worth: Every time I've shopped insurance GEICO was the highest. Warren Buffet didn't become one of the richest men in the world by selling insurance cheap.

correct me if i am wrong but i did hear something about them also going off your credit score and it will play a part on your insurance but i could be wrong:think:

Yes, insurance companies have "proven" that rate of claims can be tied to the credit rating of an induvidual.

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics. - Mark Twain

The answer is obvious, shop around and do it annually.

I have been with GEICO for the past 5 years. My rates have remained the same and I have the maximum coverage which they offer. I do not have Medical on my Policy.

Every year I shop around.....and I let my GEICO Rep know that I am shopping too.

Seems to be working fine for me so far.

Boomer......the over-Insured.

I have my policy with progressive. I was in an accident in pheonix city, al. 07/13/07. My premium was $53.00 monthly. After the accident the prmium did not increase. At the time i had a v-star 1100. Progressive fixed the bike and 02/08/08 i traded the bike in on an 08 r.s.v. And my premium went to $103.00 a month. I had to exempt my uninsured motorist portion to get the premium to $80.50 a month. That is still too much. You can bet that when a 3 year period is over that i am going to find another provider.

Boy it would take three pages for me to tell you what I know about Motorcycle's & insurance companies. I have been telling people for years! You don't go to a auto insurance company for motorcycle insurance.:backinmyday:

I'd like to see a listing of Insurance Co.'s that deal exclusively with MC Insurance. All of the Insurance Co.'s I see on Google also issue Auto Insurance.

Boomer........who is still looking.

I'd like to see a listing of Insurance Co.'s that deal exclusively with MC Insurance. All of the Insurance Co.'s I see on Google also issue Auto Insurance.

Boomer........who is still looking.

Well there are a few of them heres one I use! FOREMOST Insurance, Grand Rapids Michigan and they only Insure Motorcycles, ATV's, and RV's and for anyone that wants a price quote call 1-800-527-3907. I know of one other company that go's by the name of Dairy Land and I don't have a phone for them, I think there is about 4 Insurance companies that do just motorcycle's.

I've been with Progressive going on 4yrs now and my policy has steadily decreased. Even after going to a Venture from a V-Star.

That's baffling to me. I had Progressive and went from a V-Star to a RSTD and my insurance rates doubled. That was the only change I made. My agent said it was because of the higher cost of the bike. I couldn't believe it doubled, but I haven't been able to find it any cheaper. I would just go with liability, but if I wrecked it, I wouldn't be able to afford another bike for a long time.

Guest Yamahawg

I have dairyland, on my 05 RSTD. Added the 83 Virago this year and the rate dropped to less than what i was paying for one bike... and both are covered now. Full coverage on the RSTD and Liability on the Virago.

Been with the little lizard now for 4 years 97 Honda Shadow 1100 and a 05 RSV full coverage on both. Medical to ride any state that sticks you for more medical to ride with out a helmet. :bang head: Coverage is like 300,000 / 100,000 with 250 deductible pay $222 a year total with no "down" time, can ride anytime I want and covers my trailer I pull behind them. Didn't think that was to bad since all the others I checked (Dairyland, Progressive and local State Farm)were wanting 200 to 400 more! :mo money:

OOOPS my bad, that was the cars coverage. I just logged on to double check . The Bikes are 100,000 / 50,000 still 250 deductible. SORRY

I keep saying I'm not going to waste my time responding to some of the ridiculous statements made about insurance but I just have to respond to one. First I have been a licensed agent for 37 years and I own my agency that specializes in motorcycle insurance. To say don't insure with a company that insures autos too is beyond ridiculous. And by the way Foremost insurance company does insure autos. As a matter of fact Farmers Insurance Company will soon be changing their name to Foremost Insurance Company. Zurich Insurance company purchased Foremost, Farmers and Bristol West Insurance company and will be changing the name for all of these companies to Foremost Insurance Co. It doesn't matter whether a company insures autos or not. That has nothing to do with motorcycle insurance rates. Two years ago I went to the International Motorcyle Insurance Show in Atlanta. Progressive had a booth there and the product manager for motorcyle insurance was there from the home office. She, yes it is a female, makes the rates for motorcycles in the United States. I was fussing with here about how Progessive's recent rate increase in Georiga had hurt their new business. She said their claims were skyrocketing on the touring bikes so they had to increase rates. I told her it seemed to me that the mature drivers on touring bikes such as my venture would be the best risk. But you can't argue with the claims. Example, I carry 100/300/50 liability, same uninsured motorist, 10,000 med pay, 250 deductible on comprehensive and collision and roadside assistance. I am 58 and married with a clean driving record. Progressive was $1,600 per year but I wrote the same coveage with another company for $385.00 per year. You just have to shop around. And progressive is credit scoring on motorcyles now so that will affect your rate also. I might quote a cycle tomorrow and progessive will be have the best rate. In Georgia Foremost always has one of the highest rates except for some of the crotch rockets.