IGNORED

Should I buy a carbtune?

adventurer 08

YES!!!! Just buy one.... It would cost abot 100 bucks to have a dealer do it:bawling:....my carbtune was shipped to my door for about 90 bucks. Now i can check it whenever I want!! I'll probably check it at the begining of each riding season. Money well spent!!:cool10:

Hey John,

Have you ever noticed that when you are digging around in your tool box for another tool because you don't have the exact "right" tool to do something on your RSV, for the most part you can usually find something that will work? Well, there isn't another tool that does the job in this case. You either own one or you don't. I own an 86'VR and an 87'VR and it was a no brainer for me, it costs LESS to buy the Carbtune than it would have to get two bikes Carb. Synced. just one time. When ever I have a performance issue or a vibration issue it's the first tool I grab now. Not to mention, I have Synced. the carbs on a few friends bikes and have received more that my fair share of beer, food, and the occasional big juicy kiss on the cheek (female) from bike owners that thought their bikes were near death and also thought that I had done some VOODOO on their bikes to get them to run like a champ again. Being a Machinist I own many "special" tools that I don't use every day but when I need that special tool I know I have it and it makes the job that much easier. Like the lady on the "Lorial" hair color commercial says, "I'm worth it"!

Just my 2 cents,:thumbsup2:

Earl

John,

It pays for itself on the 1st use and then you KNOW the job is done right. I have seen too many people on this site go to a dealer to get their bikes synced and it not be right after we checked it with the Carbtune. I have done many different bikes with mine too, Vtwins and triples alike....break out the Benjamin :thumbsup2:

Squid, if you did that then what would you need the Muffinman for????:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Being the owner of an rsv i am wondering about how often you need to synchronize the carbs? I am thinking about buying a Carbtune to do it myself instead of bugging other people to do it for me.

:snow2::snow2::snow2:

I decided to get one last night. The price is right ( under a hundred bucks with shipping )and when we had the maint. day here it would have been nice to have one.

I am just finishing up a referb on a 82 yamaha xj750 that could stand to have a carb sync done on it. Besides its always nice to have the right tool for the job.

It made a big difference on my 2005 when it was done. The bike runs much better.

I own a set of mecury sticks already but will probally end up buying a Carb Tune just because I want to do my own and they are so much easier to handle. Just depends on how often you want to check them.

I know someone with a Carb Tune Pro that is close by anytime you need.....:thumbsup2:

Just ask Don to do it. Over the years Ive seen him probably do a couple hundred bikes. No joke. Vogel 1 I think he did everybody's bike in the club plus some others that were in the neighborhood. I bought my own a few years ago and use it often.