IGNORED

Dunlop Elite 3 available for front!

They are premium tires and not cheap, although usually competitive with other name-brand tires. Check SWmototire.com or Ronayers.com for best prices.

That being said, Ronayers does not yet have the E3 in the MR/90-18, I only found it at SW. It was kinda pricey at $120. Ronayers had an Avon Venom front for about 100, but the E3 should last longer and I really like them so I just sucked it up & paid the man.

Jeremy

They are premium tires and not cheap, although usually competitive with other name-brand tires. Check SWmototire.com or Ronayers.com for best prices.

That being said, Ronayers does not yet have the E3 in the MR/90-18, I only found it at SW. It was kinda pricey at $120. Ronayers had an Avon Venom front for about 100, but the E3 should last longer and I really like them so I just sucked it up & paid the man.

Jeremy

Thanks for the Tire Information, I might order one.

On another subject, whats the latest on Real Estate In Tucson?? Whats a small about 1600 Sq.Ft. New Rambler, going for around Tucson ?? Just a round number if you happen to know ??

Ron Ayers now has this tire listed for $108.99 ' date=' i have an e3 on the back and really like it and will be buying one for the front in about three weeks. come on warm weather.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one.

Dick

Re: front tire...I am not a Metzeler marathon 880 fan..When I bought my 86VR about three years ago it came with new Metz front and rear..The rear tire chunked out at 5k...Yep, I lost about 6-8 chunks of rubber off the rear..I replaced the rear with an Elite III..

He's the kicker...I have put close to 25K on the bike since I bought it and the front tire still looks almost new...I can't explain why its lasting so long because I normally get about 18K off the front....

Check out pic of rear tire...this happened after only 5K

Funny about Ron Ayers. I new the size was new, but it must be brand-stinkin-new! I found it on Sw Moto and then looked on RonAyers.com probably last Tues. Didn't see it, so I emailed them - do you have this size yet? Got response on Wed - no, don't list that one! Now they have it - cool.

Real estate in Tucson - good time to buy. I bought my property - where I built my dream garage, so not movin' unless I have to - in 2001 before the boom really got going, then stuff went WAY up and then fell WAY down but I haven't been paying much attention. What do you mean by a New Rambler? Ya know, as anywhere, it's all about location. I'll take some rough guesses at a 1600 sf place. Probably 130k in poorer area up to maybe 220k in nice area. More central in town tends to go higher for a given condition. I live in the rural suburb of Vail where things used to be cheaper due to being one step away from Egypt (about 12 miles from the east side of town), but Vail really went up in the boom. Hard to say, but 1600 sf on an acre out here might be 220k.

Then again, I might be all wrong. For comparison, back in '01 I bought 2400sf on 5 acres for 172k.

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine from the superstore.com for $102 with free shipping, but I checked yesterday and they were up to $116.

I do like the tire.

Hey thom, how are you going to know if the tire feels good down in Texas, you ain't got no curves like we got up here? Oh, I remember, you don't like curves. :stickpoke:

RandyA