saddlebum

Has decided to try her hand at making a cheese cake (back off Tom ) but has never made one before any lady's out there care to share there cheese cake recipe's and tip's.:big-grin-emoticon:

Believe it or not. . . just as I was reading this post. . . Big Tom was walking by and stopped when he heard cheese cake. . .

I'm sure your wife will be getting a private (suck up). . .I mean private post from him.:2132:

Cheesecake

1 crust grahram cracker or oreo cookie crust

depending on favor of cheesecake

8 oz cream cheese, softened

8 oz cool whip

2 tsp vanilla

1/4-1/3cup sugar or splenda

mix 1st four ingredents than add ingredents for whatever flavor you want to make it

Lonna and I both use splenda in our cheesecakes

different flavors ideas:

1. Plain

2.Strawberry, cherry, blueberry : just top with favorite.

3.peanut butter : 1 cup peanut butter

4.banana split: cut up banana in mix than top pie with pineapple strawberries chocolate cherries

5.Jumbles: coconut, andies mints, chocoate chips, butterscotch chips

6. Pina colada: small can crushed pineapple drained, coconut, 1 tsp coconut favoring, 2 tb rum favoring.

7. Orange dream: orange favoring, 1/4 cup frozen orange juice, mandarin oranges.

8. Apple pie: apple pie filling with gingersnap cookie crust topped with caramel

9.Crushed oreos

10. About any thing you want.

Hope this helps guys. I can see a store run coming up. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:By the way don't forget you all are on a diet right.:stickpoke::stirthepot:

I will share with you my favorite cheesecake recipe. It is not very difficult but it is very delicious. Like Big Tom I have a sweet tooth and love to feed it once and awhile. :hurts:The cheesecake is a White Choccolate Raspberry Cheescake.

2 cups Oreo crumbs

1 tblspn white sugar

1/4 cup butter,melted

6 tblspn raspberry jam

2 cups white Chocolate chips

1/2 cup half and half

3 (8) ounce packages cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 1 tblspn sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.

2. Warm rapsberry jam in microwave to liquify the jam. If the jam is not seedless the jam will need to be strained to remove the seeds.

3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the white chocolate chips with half and half. Stir occasionally until smooth.

4. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar until smooth. Beat in one egg at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over the oreo crust. Spoon 3 tblspns of raspberry jam over batter. Make a swirling pattern. Pour remaining batter over the top. Pour remaining raspberry jam over the top of batter. Swirl batter with a knife to create a marble effect.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Turn off oven and let the cake remain in the oven until the temp has cooled. The cake needs to come down in temp very slowly. Cover with plastic wrap and refigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Use a knife to cut along the edge of cake and pan prior to removing the pan. You can add more raspberry jam on the top when serving if desired. Can also be topped with whipped cream.

Tip: Be sure to bake the cake in a bath. I use a deep cookie sheet and put water in it. Then line the outside of the springform pan with foil. This way there is a barrier between the pan and the water. The bath prevents the cake from making large cracks in it.

Don't listen to any more cheesecake recipes. . . it's a ploy.. it's a trick. . .

He does not want us dieters to loose our weight.

He must be on the pledge list. lol

Yamma Mamma. . show us beautiful carrot sticks and celery.

The enemy is trying hard to tempt us. :pushups::pushups::pushups::pushups::pushups::pushups:

1. :witch_brew: I have two recipes that are delicious. PHILLY NEW YORK CHEESECAKE AND A NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE:

PHILLY NEW YORK CHEESECAKE:

1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
    1 Cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar,divided
    3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
    5 pkg. (8oz.)each Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
    3 Tbsp. flour
    1 Tbsp. vanilla
    3 eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    1 can cherry pie filling (or filling of your choice)

Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter, press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan, Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed just until blended. Blend in sour cream, Pour over crust.

Bake at 350 F for 65 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake, cool before removing rim of pan, Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top with pie filling. Makes 14 servings.

WOW I never relized how much punishment and torcher I was inflicting by simply requesting a recipe for cheese cake ( yes I am sorry I said it again ) but on my wifes behalf we thank MamaMo and Ole for the recipes and sincerely hope the wrest of you will all recover and get back on the diet wagon without too much

repercussion. In the mean time I will just have to enjoy these alone since I to be the bad guy here and tempt you all off of your diets. I am sure you will thank me in the long run. http://www.google.ca/images?q=tbn:rXAujvmOsvjJiM::www.hyderabadgift.com/images/10_strawberry_cheese_cake.jpghttp://www.google.ca/images?q=tbn:p-6EMkTF_ZebjM::www.freefoto.com/images/09/23/09_23_11---Cheese-Cake_web.jpghttp://www.google.ca/images?q=tbn:U7LJIvgibJkPKM::www.minosbakeshop.com/images/Cakes/Cheese-Cake-1.jpghttp://www.google.ca/images?q=tbn:UUg_i5RemGtj9M::mealdiy.com/images/cheese-cake.jpg:thumbsup:

:witch_brew: Ok here is the NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE , THIS IS MY FAVORITE AT EASTER TIME.

NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE:

CRUST:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/2 cup butter, melted

6 TBLS. sugar

1/2 cup grated lemon rind

FILLING:

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin

1/2 cup cold water

2 (8 oz.)Pkgs. cream cheese softened

1 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup lemon juice

2 cups whipping cream, whipped

CRUST, in medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, lemon rind and sugar, until crumbly. Stir in butter until completely combined. Press mixture into bottom of 10 inch springform pan.

FILLING, Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until disolved. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add gelatin, milk and lemon juice, mixing until blended. Chill until slightly thickened; fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust, chill until firm. Top with strawberries and blackberries. Makes 14 servings. ENJOY :pushups: GOD BLESS JoDee