IGNORED

86 VR Clutch

Guest eyehook

just replaceing the Springs might do it. Or just replace the pressure plate assembly with a Barnett Unit.

Usually the Plates are not worn, it usually just weak springs.

Aftermarket complete replacement clutch and pressure , is about the same cost as OEM parts.

I guess it depends on how long you intend to keep the bike on the road, as to how much to spend. But if stock spring replacement will do the job, that s the cheapest fix.

I always have to toss this in once in a while. If your clutch is slipping in high gear when the engine gets warmed up, but is solid until then, it's your expansion hole in the master that's plugged up, and not allowing the hot expanded fluid to excape back into the reservoir. Or... your reservoir is too full. OK, now I'm good for another 4-5 months.... :)

What type of oil do you use. MC oil, deasel, reg car oil??? may be slippage if car eng. oil. :canada::canada::canada:

This is also a good thought, if you are using energy conserving oil it will cause the clutch to slip. Just wanted to throw that in as well, but if your bike has a decent amount of miles on it and your using the proper oil....go with PCW

This is also a good thought, if you are using energy conserving oil it will cause the clutch to slip. Just wanted to throw that in as well, but if your bike has a decent amount of miles on it and your using the proper oil....go with PCW

What about air in Hydralic clutch line from lever to clutch slave cylinder, can't that cause slippage at higher speeds.

What about air in Hydralic clutch line from lever to clutch slave cylinder, can't that cause slippage at higher speeds.

It could Bob, but what he's describing is a text book weak spring. If there was air in the system he would feel it all through the shifting and clutching movments.

• 1 month later...
Guest eyehook

I had posted my clutch was slipping and I want to thank everyone for their replies.Put a complete Barnett in and wow!!!what Squidley said.:225:Side note:Mobil 1 M4t V-twin oil in engine.

I always have to toss this in once in a while. If your clutch is slipping in high gear when the engine gets warmed up, but is solid until then, it's your expansion hole in the master that's plugged up, and not allowing the hot expanded fluid to excape back into the reservoir. Or... your reservoir is too full. OK, now I'm good for another 4-5 months.... :)

Yep, Yep that'll do it!! Springs also get weak on these things. Clutches themselves hardly ever wear out.