IGNORED

RSV tinted lower wind vents

Chinto

FYI Heads Up!!!

I just found what I think is the best price for the Yamaha tinted lower wind vents for the RSV or RSTD. Yamaha lists the price at $199. Ron Ayers Motorsports has them listed on his website for $136.14. :banana: He is offering free shipping as well for a limited time. I have included the link to his catalog for those who may be interested in adding this safety device to their ride. :whistling:

http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/yahacc/parts.cfm?secid=10&type=310

I got to see these installed at the Chicago Bike Show this past weekend and thought that they would be a nice addition to my ride especially in the hot weather season. :080402gudl_prv:

But WHY do that? If Roush wants to earn the business, let them so their searches and price accordingly. I never understood this price matching stuff. Why go through all the trouble to get a company to match a price...it's easier just to buy it from the person who HAS the best price.

That is a real good price....they are almost 300 up here from the yammi site! They work just great besides adding that little extra bling for the ride.

Freebird...I'm with ya on this. Bought a car site unseen from a town 6o miles away over the phone. When I went to the dealer here he then told me he would have matched the price....I told him he should have right at the start or even come close...I saved 3 grand with the other dealer....thats alot. I will never buy a major purchase from anyone here...they just dont deal.

I hear what you are all saying, but who doesn't already check several places on the internet for pricing when getting ready to make a purchase? I do it every time I make a purchase, if I find someone that will BEAT not just MEET the price of a competitor and all it costs me is the time to post a link to a site I already found anyway to the comments section of their order form.

You all do it how ever you like, but I will continue to ask for the additional discount from vendors like Roush when ever possible.

I do appreciate the link to Ron Ayers, he does have exceptionally good pricing and I will use that to leverge an even better price from Roush the next time I make a purchase.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was putting you down. I guess that if there was somebody that I truly wanted to have my business but pricing was an issue, I suppose it would make sense. for example, if for some reason I WANTED to give all my business to Roush (or anybody else) but found he was high, then yes, I suppose I could ask him to match the price. Since I have no particular reason to give them my business though, I see no reason to go to the trouble of asking them to match a price when I can simply click and order from a place that is already offering that price. The only time I would consider doing that would be if I really wanted to award them my business, for example, if they happened to be a supporter of our club.

Freebird

No problem, but I think you may have missed my message, Roush will BEAT the price not just match the price, if they were just matching then sure stay with the original vendor that offers the best price to start with.

One thing about Ron Ayers right now is the free shipping, no such offer from Roush that I know of, that could mean a lot of savings especially if you are on the West coast.

Actually wish I had known about Ron Ayers back before Christmas when I ordered my chrome air cleaner covers, could saved about $30.00 +.

• 1 month later...
FYI Heads Up!!!

I just found what I think is the best price for the Yamaha tinted lower wind vents for the RSV or RSTD. Yamaha lists the price at $199. Ron Ayers Motorsports has them listed on his website for $136.14. :banana: He is offering free shipping as well for a limited time. I have included the link to his catalog for those who may be interested in adding this safety device to their ride. :whistling:

http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/yahacc/parts.cfm?secid=10&type=310

I got to see these installed at the Chicago Bike Show this past weekend and thought that they would be a nice addition to my ride especially in the hot weather season. :080402gudl_prv:

Hey All:

I just spend the day checking Yamaha Sports Plaza-Seattle & Motorsports Super Center...Both have offered these for about $147.00. Something I have been wanting...ANYWAY...they are no longer being offered on their "DISCOUNT" sites...They have been moved over to their "RETAIL" sites and priced about $160-$166....ANYWAY...I ordered from these folks today...Part + Shipping came to $151.14 TOTAL delivered to Lynchburg...Just and FYI.....There on there way....If anyone was wanting to get these to help blow the engine heat off during the summer...you might want to get them from here...I have not and can not find any cheaper.....Note: The guys are out of North Carolina...I called before I ordered off the Internet...Same price calling or internet...No difference...

George In Virginia...:)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey All:

I just spend the day checking Yamaha Sports Plaza-Seattle & Motorsports Super Center...Both have offered these for about $147.00. Something I have been wanting...ANYWAY...they are no longer being offered on their "DISCOUNT" sites...They have been moved over to their "RETAIL" sites and priced about $160-$166....ANYWAY...I ordered from these folks today...Part + Shipping came to $151.14 TOTAL delivered to Lynchburg...Just and FYI.....There on there way....If anyone was wanting to get these to help blow the engine heat off during the summer...you might want to get them from here...I have not and can not find any cheaper.....Note: The guys are out of North Carolina...I called before I ordered off the Internet...Same price calling or internet...No difference...

George In Virginia...:)

I do not know if anyone else ordered the Lower Deflectors from here, but just got off the phone witht the follks (Nice by the way)...I ordered on 3-27-09....they emailed about a week later letting me know that they were on back order and due to be "released" to them on 4-16-09....Got email last week saying that if I wished to cancel, I could with NO Fees....They just told me on the phone that Yamaha is now say they will be released to them on or around May 22nd....I called my local Stealer and they show NO AVAIABILITY for these in any Yamaha Warehouse....JUST AN FYI....I canceled order....I guess I'll get this piece of "Safety Chrome" later.....:bang head:

George In Virginia

• 1 month later...