IGNORED

I hate to say this , Silver got hurt

Thom

i have not posted for the last 2 weeks , been in a bad mood so i just lurked , reading every thing here every day to make me feel better . Silver got hit 2 weeks ago . i went shopping for a frig. at a local shop and parked 20 feet behind a car when i went inside i asked whos white car is that is out there , the lady , who is the owner of the shop said it was her's and i told her that i parked behind her and don't leave with out telling me . i bought a used frig from her and she ask me how i was going to get it home and i pointed at Silver and said i'll put it in the trunk of my bike could she have somebody give me a hand ? she laughed and i told her that my son will be here with a truck and trailer to pick it up . so while my son and i are loading the frig she comes up and is waiting for us to finish and than tells me she knocked over my bike , she not only knock it over but pushes it about 8 ft. after i get it up she tells me that she is closed and i need to move the bike so she can leave , i tell her to call her insureance co. she tells me that her ins. is in ohio and i need to have my ins. co fix it i said so my ins. is in fl. and she needs to call her ins. or i am calling the pd . that got her on the phone real fast , after she told the ins. co. what happened and thay told me thay would fix it , 4 days later a ajuster called me from ohio and said a ajuster from tx will come to me and take pic'c that took another week but he took a lot of them . the ins.co is nationwide and seams ok . the rite side is a wreck , fairing , mirror , rite panel that holds the class , rite bag , highway peg and trunk .

the front bumper is bent pretty bad but i have been riding it to work every day , i hope the ins.co sends me a check pretty soon because Silver is in ruff shape rite now , i had to remove the trunk today because it was falling apart . i guess i am a member of the broken haerts club , i now know how Randy felt .

Thom

Good luck with the insurance Co. I would have called the police anyway, but depending on the laws in your state it may not have done any good depending on the $ amount of damage on private property.

I would take your old broken fridge and park it in her spot, maybe she'll knock that over next time:think::stirthepot::rotf:

Sounds like the owner had a bit of a panic attack...good for you for not playing the kind gentleman role and leaving when she said she was closed.

Nationwide should take care of you. As mentioned before, getting the work done professionally is the pain...you'll be non-silvered (tarnished? :doh:)for a few days.

Brandy

Hey Thom,

I am so sorry to hear about "Silver". In December I was trailering my 86' "Black Beauty" and due to a faulty rental trailer, the bike pretty much came off the trailer. Ins. paid but not without a fight and as I have been working on the 87', the 86' has just been sitting, waiting for me to start on her. I hope you have good luck with the Ins. Company and I also hope that you can bring "Ole' Silver" back to her former beauty.:080402gudl_prv:

Earl

OHHH mannn, yes thom, I do know how you feel. At least you did not have to come up with a video to get her to admit it. I ended up settling for almost $3,200 and kept the bike. I sure hope you do that good as your bike is newer and obviously has more damage than mine. All I can say is keep a close eye on ebay and let us know what you need. I wish you the best buddy.

RandyA