IGNORED

K & N Filter

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

I recently purchased a K&N filter for a sport bike I own. I have a Suzuki Katana 750. After buying it I had numerous guys in the sportbike field tell me that I should NEVER put a K&N on a bike that has carbs. Yet I have them on my Venture and have never had any issues. How much truth is there in this?

Is a Suzuki Katana really considered a sportbike?? Sorry, couldn't resist...just joking.

Seriously tho, I have K&N in my ZZR1200 with no issues. I have not been told or heard anything negative about K&N in carburated sportbikes. Hopefully someone on here knows the answer.

Have you tried "KatanaPlanet" forums? (I used to own a Katana 750, so I do have a little knowledge on it...VERY little...:crackup:)

My Venture is stock but I have a K&N on my Road Star. I resisted putting one on it but finally did because the Yammi brand will fall apart over time. The reason that I didn't want it is that I had seen photos on my Cummins diesel forums that showed how much dirt K&N filters let through compared to the other brands or even the stock one. Maybe the filter media on the bike filters is better... I sure hope so.

I recently purchased a K&N filter for a sport bike I own. I have a Suzuki Katana 750. After buying it I had numerous guys in the sportbike field tell me that I should NEVER put a K&N on a bike that has carbs. Yet I have them on my Venture and have never had any issues. How much truth is there in this?

I assume they said not specific on that Bike, but on all Sports Bikes ...

If so, that's Bogus ...

I don't know nothing specific about your Katana, but a K&N won't hurt a bit. Probabaly, with free flowing Aftermarket Pipes you could have a bit lean Mixture.

Regarding the Filter Capabilities of a K&N Filter. It depends A LOT on the Amount of Filter Oil spended on the Filter. Spray the Filter thin and from a fairly wide Distance. If you soak the Filter with Oil, it won't let any Air go through it at all.