IGNORED

Thinking of getting rid of the 130 Avon front tire

1BigDog

I have an Avon 130 front tire that I installed a little over a year ago and it only has about 2000 miles on it, maybe a little less. I havent done much riding here. I am pulling the front forks off to replace the bearings and while im doing this im considering going back to the 150 front tire. If I decide to do so, im just wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying the 130 Avon from me. I was thinking in the 50.00 range since you would still get at least another 15k out of it. Any interest? :scratchchin:

I have an Avon 130 front tire that I installed a little over a year ago and it only has about 2000 miles on it, maybe a little less. I havent done much riding here. I am pulling the front forks off to replace the bearings and while im doing this im considering going back to the 150 front tire. If I decide to do so, im just wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying the 130 Avon from me. I was thinking in the 50.00 range since you would still get at least another 15k out of it. Any interest? :scratchchin:

2000 miles in a year....Dude, you live in Florida....:stickpoke: :whistling::whistling:

I have more miles then that just pushing my bike around the garage this winter.:rasberry:

Just curious Jeff,How come the tire change?????

I thought the smaller tire was the hot set up for the 2nd gen....

Dan, I havent done much riding because of the pain in my legs. Hopefully my knee surgery will take care of some of that. I just cant get comfortable on the bike for any long length of time.

That being said, while the low speed handling has improved, I do most of my riding on Interstates or mostly straight stretches. I never felt comfy with the handling at speeds above 85. The bike felt better planted with the 150.

I have an e-mail from Jonesy, a member from Mass at 1:34 pm so he gets first dibs. Al, your #2.

It will be at least 1 week before I can get the bike up in the air and the wheel off. Ill let you know when thats done.

Thanks......

Edited by Ruffy

Dan, I havent done much riding because of the pain in my legs. Hopefully my knee surgery will take care of some of that. I just cant get comfortable on the bike for any long length of time.

That being said, while the low speed handling has improved, I do most of my riding on Interstates or mostly straight stretches. I never felt comfy with the handling at speeds above 85. The bike felt better planted with the 150.

I have an e-mail from Jonesy, a member from Mass at 1:34 pm so he gets first dibs. Al, your #2.

It will be at least 1 week before I can get the bike up in the air and the wheel off. Ill let you know when thats done.

Thanks......

Hey Ruff, I already have a 130 so I would just be saving it, so it someone else is ready to put in on, let them go ahead of me.

Thanks......

Jeff,I was just giving you the biz cuz I'm ahole deep in snow.....:mad:

I really hope the knee surgery does the trick for you.

Two friends of ours had both knees replaced and now they can dance circles around me...:eek:

Recovery time was short for them.. Good luck....:happy34: