IGNORED

Zumo weather question

Freebird

OK folks, when I activated my Zumo XM, I went with the traffic and the weather package. I understand though that basic weather comes with the traffic. So what is the difference between basic weather and the full blown one that I subscribed to? I paid for 3 months but may want to drop the advanced weather next time.

Radio, NavTraffic and NavWeather are $19.95 per month. I'm just not sure the weather is worth it because I don't know what comes with the basic weather.

What I get it current conditions, about a 5 day or so forecast and a weather map that shows trouble spots within a certain distance.

This is just me thinking out loud, but why would you need more advanced weather. Not meaning to be a smart alec but if your in a Hotel/Motel you look at the weather channel before you leave for the day and see if your going to at some point be heading into bad weather. As far as traffic doesn't the GPS give you a heads up of traffic snags if your headed in that direction

:confused24:

The basic weather gives you a 5 day forcast, the current temp/weather in your area and a weather map. You also get severe weather alerts. That's all I get for the basic. Don't know what the advanced give you.

Brad, The Zumo will alert you to a Tornado warning or watch or flash flood warning issued near you or on your intended route. Once you leave the hotel your not going to get that info

The basic weather gives you a 5 day forcast, the current temp/weather in your area and a weather map. You also get severe weather alerts. That's all I get for the basic. Don't know what the advanced give you.

Brad, The Zumo will alert you to a Tornado warning or watch or flash flood warning issued near you or on your intended route. Once you leave the hotel your not going to get that info

I don't know Buddy....that sounds like all I get with the advanced. I'm going to have to look into it further.

I don't know Buddy....that sounds like all I get with the advanced. I'm going to have to look into it further.

I went through this with XM, The price you are paying sounds like you are getting XM with NavTraffic. The stand alone weather application costs the same as the NavTraffic and gives you the exact same stuff. The stand alone is for those who have no need for NavTraffic.

The NavTraffic package includes the weather application as part of the bundle.

I am paying the same price and although my subscriptions say NavTraffic, Weather they assure me it's just the NavTraffic with weather bundled in.