IGNORED

Dunlop E3 question

If I have the correct info the Dunlop E2 tires are going to be hard to find, if available at all. I have a practically new E2 on the rear of my 88VR and can't really afford to replace both tires this year, especially considering the condition of the rear tire. Does anybody know if i can safely "mix" an E3 for the front with my existing E2 on the rear? Or does anybody have contact info for Dunlop so I can ask them?

The problem is that they dont make a E 3 front tire in our size,I put a E3 rear on and a 404 on the front,I have about 7,000 miles on them now and so far it has worked out real well.The 404 cost less than a E2 but I dont think it will last as long.Tread looks very much like a E2.

here is an e-mail I recieved from dunlop when I e-mailed them and made an inquiry about a front tire for my 1st gen

Quote:

Ben -
Thank you for the additional information. We are sorry to inform you that
we are unable to bring this tire to the market at this time. As you
probably already know, Dunlop maintains the highest standards of product
performance are we are not satisfied with the performance of this tire on
the older bikes which use this tire size. We will continue to develop this
tire, but unfortunately, it will not be available for this summer's riding
season. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this situation

I'm not sure but I don't think the E2's have been in production for some time and also some of the guys have been reporting the tires they do receive are several years old sitting on the shelf.

Just a little heads up as I have received tires that were a couple years old and had no problems.

Jerry

I replaced the Avon on the back of my 83 with an E3 with the Avon Venom still on the front. I will be replacing the Avon soon on the front and will be going with another Avon. I have heard several run with this combination and I know that I like the the way my bike feels. It feels more neutral to me with this combination. The tire treads also match very good visually.

RandyA