Hey all you 1st genners...

I wanted to post up that I have only 6...let me repeat this 6 sets of driving light brackets left for sale. I will not be making these again and once they are gone...there gone. So if your on the fence about buying a set, dont sit too long as I will be putting them up on ebay tonight for auction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

They are great on your former 86 Squidley, but the vibrate. I have two thought; helps folks see me coming better; second, probably could see better if the vibration was gone. Do I need to tighten them MORE, or do you have other suggestions.

Big hi to Lonna; her back seat (and the whole seat) has been rebuilt, ... but is STILL virgin. Looking for a female rider in CO, ... single, too. Send me THAT part if you can! LOL.

I have 73M on her now and still going. Can I add something for the slight leaks ont he valve covers, etc?

Thanks. Your friend Jack

Jack Tharp

Fort Collins, CO

aka

DePreach: weddings preferrably bikers, outdoors; funerals as needed; and NOT A FUNDI; just well centered in the faith! JZ

Do I need to tighten them MORE, or do you have other suggestions.

I have 73M on her now and still going. Can I add something for the slight leaks on the valve covers, etc?

Jack,

This can be an issue with some of them, the only fix I have found is to remove the brackets from the angle bracket they sit on. You have to make a gusset for that small bracket and weld it on, bolt it all back togetrher.

As far as the valve cover gaskets, I thought you had your mechanic in Ft. Collins put a set on? If not the only way to keep them from leaking is replace them....thats a job. Have you swithched over to synthetic oil? if so that is most likely your culprit as older gaskets will tend to start to leak once synthetic is installed.

I think of doing what you said for the lights, but actually I think I'll leave them as they are, ... for added safety; they still help light the road very well. Thanks for installing them before selling them to me.

Nope, would not use the artificial oil in an engine already on the real thing. Thanks for responding, and may you both be well!

JackZ