Hey Squeeze,

I think you misunderstood his question.. :whistling:

He asked: Where is the idle speed adjustment on a 1st gen..

:sign13:

but I do not know if it is the same location as a 2nd gen or not???? :think:

900 - 1000 Rpm

Left side of the bike. Remove the side panel. See the two rubber hoses coming out of the panel right between carb 1 and 2 on the side of the carbs. Get down a little lower and look up under that panel and you should see a screw with a philips head in the center and a "fluted" edge so you can grab it with you fingers. That's the idle adjust screw.

Hey Squeeze,

900 - 1000 Rpm

Hey Eck,

you're right, i misunderstood in at the first Quote, after that i reread the Post and realized my Fault, but i couldn't edit my Posting because of something bad happened right in the Moment ... After i get this Incident straighted out, it just plain forget to edit my Posting one Hour later ...

sorry .... i'm stupid ...

Hey Squeeze,

Hey Eck,

you're right, i misunderstood in at the first Quote, after that i reread the Post and realized my Fault, but i couldn't edit my Posting because of something bad happened right in the Moment ... After i get this Incident straighted out, it just plain forget to edit my Posting one Hour later ...

sorry .... i'm stupid ...

Nawww, that's good information to know as well. You probably helped, at least, one person who didn't know at what speed the idle should be set. :thumbsup2:

Now why is this info so handy.

That insures that the Voltage is always above draining Battery Voltage.

It applies only for Bikes after 1985, because the Anti-Dive is operated by Electrics and this put a fair Amount of Load on the Charging System. 83-85 was the Anti-Dive operated by Hydraulic.

That insures that the Voltage is always above draining Battery Voltage.

It applies only for Bikes after 1985, because the Anti-Dive is operated by Electrics and this put a fair Amount of Load on the Charging System. 83-85 was the Anti-Dive operated by Hydraulic.

So I learn something everyday. Never gave that issue any thought seeing as I have an 85. Guess I can go back to bed now seeing as I've had my lesson for the day, don't want to gain too much knowledge in one sitting, got to leave something for tomorrow.

Old man said once: You will never die as long as you keep working, maybe that goes for learnin as well.

Thanks Squeese

Carl

So I learn something everyday. Never gave that issue any thought seeing as I have an 85. Guess I can go back to bed now seeing as I've had my lesson for the day, don't want to gain too much knowledge in one sitting, got to leave something for tomorrow.

Old man said once: You will never die as long as you keep working, maybe that goes for learnin as well.

Thanks Squeese

Carl

Sorry Carl, it seems to me, that i can read something Sarcasm between the Lines. If so, again, sorry, didn't want to offend you in any Way. I didn't even realize that you're riding a '85 ....

Sorry Carl, it seems to me, that i can read something Sarcasm between the Lines. If so, again, sorry, didn't want to offend you in any Way. I didn't even realize that you're riding a '85 ....

None of that stuff in my life, lifes too short to waste, worrying of such things. If I did have an issue, you would receive a PM from me or maybe a visit, that's if you paid the airfare, because being Dutch I'm toooo cheap to pay for such things.

Glad to have you on site and appreciate your input, even the language is sometime cute, keep it up, it's enjoyable.

Thanks again. I NEVER would have found that adjustment screw without your help and pictures. Keeping the rpms up high enough to avoid battery drain just makes good sense too.

Son of a gun, you guys are really smart.