IGNORED

Bluetooth Wireless set/communications

thecount

I have the scala rider as well and i use it with a half helmit. the velcro back speakers stick nicely to the helmit liner and have them just ahead of my ear and just up from the edge of the helmit and can hear them perfectly, I actually have to turn the volume down a bit.

I am using the slide in J&M shorty helmet set now with wired to the bike (5-pin) works well. Just I am trying to be wireless and not tied into the bike. Hence looking at bluetooth for a shorty helmet.

As for CONDOR, KISS is the best way, but with the wind in the face, good tunes on the bike and quality conversation with you spouse as the back seat passenger, it just doesn't get better. Besides , keeping an eye out for the "YA-WHOO's" out on the road is just natural.

Keep the rubber side down and shiney side up off the pavement.

Steve

I plan on using the Scala Rider Q2 set up. I was going to put a power plug in the trunk for a DC charger. Anybody see a problem with that type of set up? I have an inverter I used for a lap top that converts DC to AC. That way I can use the charger and the inverter is only about 4X4X2 inches.

So, since I started this thread, I'm still trying to figure out this bluetooth and wireless stuff. And more importantly, fit to shorty style helmets?

Has anyone had success in this? J&M (very costly) Scala Rider (not sure if they fit).

Would like to eliminate the wiring into the bike if possible.

Thanks for any comment or in-sight you might provide. :fingers-crossed-emo

If the "shorty" is the same as a "half" helmet, then I'm using the Camos BTS 200H with their stereo adapter. Not currently using it for communication with passenger, but that's one of the reasons I got it. No wires and MP3 sound is good up to 50mph and fair at 70. I use a Zumo 550 and the lady voice cut's in on the MP3, but above 50 hard to hear (perhaps I shouldn't be turning at 50mph-maybe that's why my floor boards are all scratched up). Hope this helps. Cheers!

:cold:

If the "shorty" is the same as a "half" helmet, then I'm using the Camos BTS 200H with their stereo adapter. Not currently using it for communication with passenger, but that's one of the reasons I got it. No wires and MP3 sound is good up to 50mph and fair at 70. I use a Zumo 550 and the lady voice cut's in on the MP3, but above 50 hard to hear (perhaps I shouldn't be turning at 50mph-maybe that's why my floor boards are all scratched up). Hope this helps. Cheers!

:cold:

When figuring out wired headsets for helmets, we tried the IMC set, and found the headset did not fit very well and not good ear/speaker sound. Also too large for my petite spouse.

Thanks,

• 2 years later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el98bNfIMqw]TORC T58 Carbon Cafe racer street fighter scooter helmet with bluetooth - YouTube[/ame] I looked 10 min or so with a Yahoo search and all I found was the video. Must be pretty new though they are sort of pricey. Cool looking though.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the scala rider as well and i use it with a half helmit. the velcro back speakers stick nicely to the helmit liner and have them just ahead of my ear and just up from the edge of the helmit and can hear them perfectly, I actually have to turn the volume down a bit.

I got the Scala Rider Pro kit yesterday. I also ride with a half helmet.

They had a Accessory kit that is called

Scalarider Audio & Microphone Kit for half-helmets.

http://intstore.cardosystems.com/scala-rider-audio-kit-for-half-helmet

The nice thing about this kit is the speakers are plug in and you can them with buds if you want.

Guest Rev'n Ahead
the only problem I can see with this set up is the fact that you have to use either a full or tree quarter helmet. At least as far as I can see. No problem for me but my wife would hate it as she only uses a shorty when she rides. She tried my full face and like the fact that she was warmer, but hated the blindspot effect and the fact that it made her feel like she was trapped and couldn't breath with it on.

If anyone finds a set up for a shorty please post it . I'll be watching as time goes by.

Thanks

David

Here's a set for the wife... it's actually just a kit for mounting the Q2 or Q4 by scala... I think. Either way - it'll work. :cool10:

Cheers,

http://radioworld.ca/motorsports-accessories-3210139-p-9262.html

Well Im back from our ride. The Scala Rider pro worked as advertized.plenty of volume, I actually had to turn it down quite a ways. My wife made a call and while she was talking my set automaticlly went to MP3 from my phone where I had music I have downloaded. when she was done she came right back We could speak to each other like we were in the car. What was strange though was I could hear her bike when she got on it and same with her hearing mine. She commented once "what was that? Sounded like a big truck coming". I told her it was my bike.:rotf: We were speaking to each other at 75-80. She would give me a heads up on when to pass and so on. READY GO!

last year i picked up a couple Hawk bluetooth Modular helmets from leather up fairly cheap, when compared to the name brands. They work well for bike to bike communications, I assume they would work well as intercoms. I can also answer my phone while riding( I am on call several weekends a year and can still ride and answer the call). you will notice as yeor speed goes up wind noise becomes a problem for bike to bike communications. My end seems to work fine but my wifes 1100 has a lot more wind and engine noise so she has trouble hearing and due to the noise I have trouble understanding what she says( thats my story and I am sticking to it). below 65 mph this is not a problem. the helmets come with chargers, just plug them into the helmet.

The sliding vents are noisey sort of rattle in the wind in either the wide open position or the closed position, half way position is fairly quiet. A little super glue into one position fixes it, although you can no longer change the vents. Also has built in sun visor just flip a button and they pop down

forgot they have about a quarter mile range

All that said you could go with one wired headset. give the wife the headphones and you keep the microphone( keep that straight for a relaxing ride)

Al