IGNORED

Stator helpful hint

New twist on how to replace the Stator with out pinching your pinkies.

I had thought of trying this a long time ago and when the stator went out on me on the way home from FL, I thought what better time.

I took 3 long bolts that came from a water pump, Cut off the heads and rounding the cut off end leaving 6.4CM of stud. Then installed them after removing all the bolts from the case. I was waiting for the pull of the magnet & to my surprise it just slid off.

Mind the magnet still has resistance but it is easily overcome.

When putting the cover back on, the studs will hold the gasket in place and eliminate the heavy pull of the flywheel there for allowing you time to get the shifter shaft through the case with out a hitch.

Fred

[ATTACH]10332[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10333[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10334[/ATTACH]

Fred,

That is such an absolutely great idea. I plan to make up the studs just in case.

I will definitely store that one away for future reference!...

It is so much easier to know the shortcuts after learning the hard way that I for one genuinely applaud those like you for sharing the lessons learned for others to learn from.

Keep up one of the best reasons I belong!

daveg90 aka SuperSport

Another trick I discovered, make sure the knuckle joint for the shifter rod Inside joint) is pointed up before you try putting the cover on, I had to do mine 3 times before getting it right!

Dan

Now you've got me wondering????????? You take the bolts from the water pump, cut off the 'eads, and use them for the stator install. Now what 'appens to that there water pump, don't it need the bolts anymore or do ya just glue the 'eads back on, bye. :innocent::think::stirthepot: