IGNORED

Paranormal experiences

TATERS

Does anyone watch "Ghost Hunters"?

Last year for Christmas Big Tom surprised me with a night at Rolling Hills Sanatarium. The Ghost Hunters guys did a program on the place when they were here in Western New York, and it happens to be a half hour East from us in Betthany New York.

Talk about a crazy night....we got some really good EVP's on the recorder..(unheard at the time...answers to questions we asked).

We went with a few other people...some were skeptics...although after that night I don't think they are skeptics any longer. We were locked in for the night...the hunt started at 10pm and went until 6am.

Some of our experiences were being guided out of a room..from behind....when no one was behind us....to loud noices that we couldn't explain...plenty of whispers and shadows.

We hope to go back.

What do you say....any BELIEVERS? :2132:

wow taters, theres no way you would have gotten me in that place....guess that answers your question about if I believe.

I dont usually watch that show but i occasionally watch paranormal state....and many times i get too scared.....:rotf:cause its always on at night when im alone and dales at work..

anyways let me tell you a story... when i lived in ohio before i met up with dale...my grandfather passsed away in his 90's. My uncle lived with him. after grandpa died and my uncle had to go inot a nursing home they sold the house. My dad and all his siblings were raised in this house so grandpa lived in it for probably 65 - 70 years.

Well it just happened that a guy I worked withs son had bought the house. They never knew my grandfather and we never knew them before this.

Well he started telling me some things after he found out it was my grandpas house.

Some strange thing were happening in the house. any time they left something on the stairway they would find it thrown off and in a corner or somewhere....things like toys, clothes, etc.

They also had awakened different times during the middle of the night and seen a man standing over them in the one bedroom....sometimes this man was holding a drink...soemtimes he wore a long coat...Other times they said it looked like a long army coat he was wearing..even some of their friends who had spent the night there had it happen to them.....

It was all so freaky to me because the bedroom it happens in was my grandfathers room...my grandfather also drank a 7/7 every day.....and also wore a long trench coat type coat all the time. the other issue with the stairs was on the money also.....as a kid my grandfather would never ever allow anything to be on those stairs because he was always afraid someone would trip or something.

When our family sold the house they also had left a long army coat in the one closets that had belonged to my uncle..he was a sargent in the army ( we called him sarge)...why i dont know.....but they got rid of it fast after this stuff started happening...

They got used to seeing him after awhile they said........

so weird since they never knew these things about grandpa.....and it was even more weird to them when i told em these things about grandpa..

I told em not to worry cause grandpa wouldnt do anything to hurt them or anything mean.

Its been about 9 yrs since ive spoken to them and i dont even know if the son still lives there or not. It sure would be interesting to find out if this has happened to anyone else if they sold the house.....:think:

im fascinated by this kind of stuff but it also gives me the willys.......:hurts:

Taters will tell you ,I'm am not afraid of any thing..That was one freeky night...we all had an experience or two to talk about... When you ask a question when your alone in a room and then play back the recorder the next day and hear a reply that you didnt hear when you asked it... it'll freak you out... I'M not talking whats sounds like a voice,I'm talking about someone answering as clear as if they were standing next to you...sad to hear crying on the recorder and voices asking for help . There were 1700 deaths here and many are buried in unmarked paupers graves on the grounds..very sad place..this building not only served as a sanitorium, but as a poor house ,nursing home and orphanage where the children were sold and rented out as farm hands...when we went i asked a group of friends who were skeptics because i didnt want any one to feed of of each others fears or enthusiaum of the paranormal...EVERYONE ended up with a new view on the paranormal....Rolling Hills consist of two large buildings that are connected together..One three floors and one four stories tall..we went with three couples and would change locatations every hour via walkie talkie...No two couples were ever together except when meeting to take a coffee break..this place is not for the weak of heart...no heat ..no electricity except for a meeting room and is big..big..big...easy to get lost in... check out their web site and maybe we can do a hunt together...:whistling:

Hey Tom you could organize the first meet and spook. I'd go.

Margaret

Oh thats funny. . . . . .meet and spook. . . . .I just had a vision of everyones bikes parked out front . . . .and all these big bad bikers tearing thru the door to get out. . . . .than it would turn into a meet and eat. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I wouldn't mind doing something like that... but I'm on the fence as far as believing or not. I just haven't had any experiences.

Now, HUGE lighted objects in the sky that make no noise as they pass 80 ft above you... THAT, I have seen so I have to believe!

BigBoy,

That sounds like a another thread. . . .are you serious? Big Tom believes in ufos too. . me not so much.

I'd love to hear more. :97:

Does anyone watch "Ghost Hunters"?

Last year for Christmas Big Tom surprised me with a night at Rolling Hills Sanatarium. The Ghost Hunters guys did a program on the place when they were here in Western New York, and it happens to be a half hour East from us in Betthany New York.

Talk about a crazy night....we got some really good EVP's on the recorder..(unheard at the time...answers to questions we asked).

We went with a few other people...some were skeptics...although after that night I don't think they are skeptics any longer. We were locked in for the night...the hunt started at 10pm and went until 6am.

Some of our experiences were being guided out of a room..from behind....when no one was behind us....to loud noices that we couldn't explain...plenty of whispers and shadows.

We hope to go back.

What do you say....any BELIEVERS? :2132:

To be honest - I am amazed that anyone would be surprised at the supernatural...the Bible is full of the supernatural and gives great detail as to its origins.

Shep

I believe!!!........I had a personal experience about 30 years ago. I was about 16 years old and I woke up very early one morning at 5:00 AM. I know it was 5:00 AM because it was back when digital clocks first came out and I had one. This was odd because I never woke up at night, I always slept all night long. After laying in bed awake for about 10 -15 minutes, some sort of mist or dark cloud came out of the bathroom which was shared with my bedroom.The mist didn't have any type of human shape and it floated to the side of my bed. It appeared to be holding some sort of object like a dinner candle that wasn't lit. I swatted at it with the bed spread that was hanging down on my side of the bed and it gently backed up as if to avoid the swat. I started screaming for my Dad had I heard his feet hit the floor as he was running for my room. The mist slowly retreated back into the bathroom never to be seen again. It scared me so bad that it took about 3 months for me to get up enough courage to sleep in that room again. I wouldn't enter the room after dark either . My Dad built the house so it was never occupied by anyone other than us. Let me add that this was not due to drugs. This is the only paranormal experience I have ever had and it was enough to make a believer out of me. Back then, there were no shows on TV like Ghost Hunters or any other shows that delt with the paranormal. I THINK I would like to go on a ghost hunt.

a few yrs ago, when the kids were small, we made the 3rd bedroom into a toy / play room, we had floor to ceiling shelves that were stacked with toys and games. one night around 8:30 or 9:00 we are all watching TV in the living room, only one pet and he was in there with us. there was a huge crash, sounded like a hole wall of toys hit the floor. So we go down the hall to the room to check it out, clean as can be, not 1 thing out of place, very odd....

Then a few yrs ago another thing started, we had moved from the first house ( it was a single wide trailer ) it started a few months after my mom died, when I come out into the living room, looking towards the kitchen / dinning room, I can see a mist, almost looks like a cloud, it is not scary or anything, has no oder, and will go away after a few min. Think its mom checking in on us..

any way, thats it from here, but very interesting subject.

K

I believe!!!........I had a personal experience about 30 years ago. I was about 16 years old and I woke up very early one morning at 5:00 AM. I know it was 5:00 AM because it was back when digital clocks first came out and I had one. This was odd because I never woke up at night, I always slept all night long. After laying in bed awake for about 10 -15 minutes, some sort of mist or dark cloud came out of the bathroom which was shared with my bedroom.The mist didn't have any type of human shape and it floated to the side of my bed. It appeared to be holding some sort of object like a dinner candle that wasn't lit. I swatted at it with the bed spread that was hanging down on my side of the bed and it gently backed up as if to avoid the swat. I started screaming for my Dad had I heard his feet hit the floor as he was running for my room. The mist slowly retreated back into the bathroom never to be seen again. It scared me so bad that it took about 3 months for me to get up enough courage to sleep in that room again. I wouldn't enter the room after dark either . My Dad built the house so it was never occupied by anyone other than us. Let me add that this was not due to drugs. This is the only paranormal experience I have ever had and it was enough to make a believer out of me. Back then, there were no shows on TV like Ghost Hunters or any other shows that delt with the paranormal. I THINK I would like to go on a ghost hunt.

You would absoluty love it!!

There is definately something to it.

When you get home and listen to the evp's on the recorders. . .that will make a believer out of anyone.

Big Tom and I are planning to go on another ghost hunt and we'll let you know..would love to have ya. . .all are welcome. Not for the ill at heart.

Thanks for sharing your story. :2132:

a few yrs ago, when the kids were small, we made the 3rd bedroom into a toy / play room, we had floor to ceiling shelves that were stacked with toys and games. one night around 8:30 or 9:00 we are all watching TV in the living room, only one pet and he was in there with us. there was a huge crash, sounded like a hole wall of toys hit the floor. So we go down the hall to the room to check it out, clean as can be, not 1 thing out of place, very odd....

Then a few yrs ago another thing started, we had moved from the first house ( it was a single wide trailer ) it started a few months after my mom died, when I come out into the living room, looking towards the kitchen / dinning room, I can see a mist, almost looks like a cloud, it is not scary or anything, has no oder, and will go away after a few min. Think its mom checking in on us..

any way, thats it from here, but very interesting subject.

K

Kbay,

I really do believe that sometimes they just want us to know they are there. . .and thats they're way of doing it. Noices. . .smells. . .and sometimes vapors.

Hey. . .we shoulf have a meet and eat at the Stanley Hotel. Did you see that?. . .where Stephen King wrote "The Shinning'. Ghost Hunters did they're Halloween Show there. That would scare the heck out of us huh? :happy65:

Guest RawHide

First I deamt my mom would die in a place all white and she did a few months later. We were both sick and she nurse me more than I nurse her and ended up in the hospital with Pneumonia. She died there.

Then my ex husband grandpa was dying of cancer. I would see their dog sniff around this spot, bewilder what was there, would not go through it but around it. I was told it was grandpa wife, waiting for him. In fact both his wives in two different location of the living room about 3 feet apart.

So I have to say it would freak me out too and I would Pee my pants of fright! Damn I wouldnt even try to move around for that matter.

I grew up watching Dark Shadows, so I guess that explains some of my fears. Damn right after I got out of school there was the show on for an hour! What a way to watch some Cartoons, LMAO!

Joanna

My daughter believes her house has a spirit of some sort in it.....Now this is not an old house, this is one they had built in a new subdivison. On two occaisons she has found one of her sons shoes in the middle of the floor in his room when he is not even home, when she had them stored on a shelf in the closet. Another time she and her 1 yr old were home by themselves and she found him in his brothers room sitting on the floor giggling as if there was someone there playing with him. Not unusual right, except that she had the door closed and the knob was covered with a child proof cover that even I have a hard time opening, and he cant even reach it............

My son-in-law swears that on several occasions he has been awakened in the middle of the night and saw the figure of a man standing at the foot of his bed and then he vanishes.........this has happend several times.

They even went to a shop in New Orleans when we were down there last week and bought some type of herb at a voodoo shop to rid the house of spirits..........Sounds a little silly to me........but it aint happening to me.........dont know what I would do...........crap in my pants maybe..............I always was afraid of the dark as a kid and waking up in the middle of the night to a figure at the foot of my bed would have made me soil it in more than one way.......:crying:

Edited by DragonRider

My daughter believes her house has a spirit of some sort in it.....Now this is not an old house, this is one they had built in a new subdivison. On two occaisons she has found one of her sons shoes in the middle of the floor in his room when he is not even home, when she had them stored on a shelf in the closet. Another time she and her 1 yr old were home by themselves and she found him in his brothers room sitting on the floor giggling as if there was someone there playing with him. Not unusual right, except that she had the door closed and the knob was covered with a child proof cover that even I have a hard time opening, and he cant ever reach it............

My son-in-law swears that on several occasions he has been awakened in the middle of the night and saw the figure of a man standing at the foot of his bed and then he vanishes.........this has happend several times.

They even went to a shop in New Orleans when we were down there last week and bought some type of herb at a voodoo shop to rid the house of spirits..........Sounds a little silly to me........but it aint happening to me.........dont know what I would do...........crap in my pants maybe..............I always was afraid of the dark as a kid and waking up in the middle of the night to a figure at the foot of my bed would have made me soil it in more than one way.......:crying:

Just curious. . . .what made them go the voodoo route?

That is some really strange things happening. It must have something to do with the land. . don't you think? Or maybe just a family member letting them know that they are being looked after. Thanks for sharing. Let me know how they make out please. :fingers crossed:

They decided since we were in the area of New Orleans, thats where we are originally from, they would try that and see if it might help, and my son-in-law is from Panama and they are pretty superstistous folks so he wanted to give it a try............

Just curious. . . .what made them go the voodoo route?

That is some really strange things happening. It must have something to do with the land. . don't you think? Or maybe just a family member letting them know that they are being looked after. Thanks for sharing. Let me know how they make out please. :fingers crossed:

Ok since some of you like ghost tours check out this site. http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com/ This old hospital is located about 30 min. from where the WV SKID IN will be based at. So if you like ghost tours come early to the WV Skid In and check out the Weston State Hospital as the locals know it. The building is big and beautiful. They say it is the largest hand cut masonary stone building in Northern America. Ghost Hunters did a show there.

I'll try to get Joanna to tell you about the show they did where she works. Willard is now a drug re hab boot camp but from 1870 until the 1960 it was one of the biggest mental health facilities in New York. I use the term loosely. Guards reported starting to hear voices and seeing people in a new basement quarters they were building. The show that filmed there says they contacted a the ghost of a woman who had been a nurse there. She told them she was there to protect the ones that could not leave.

It seems the the grounds of the facility has a large unmarked cemetary. tjhere are no head stones. It's where are buried the remains of hundreds of people whose families left them there and never returned. When they died there was no family member to grieve their passing and most died alone. The shows members said they felt the presence of many ghost there. I wonder if like the one you're talking about Mamamo?

I'll try to get Joanna to tell you about the show they did where she works. Willard is now a drug re hab boot camp but from 1870 until the 1960 it was one of the biggest mental health facilities in New York. I use the term loosely. Guards reported starting to hear voices and seeing people in a new basement quarters they were building. The show that filmed there says they contacted a the ghost of a woman who had been a nurse there. She told them she was there to protect the ones that could not leave.

It seems the the grounds of the facility has a large unmarked cemetary. tjhere are no head stones. It's where are buried the remains of hundreds of people whose families left them there and never returned. When they died there was no family member to grieve their passing and most died alone. The shows members said they felt the presence of many ghost there. I wonder if like the one you're talking about Mamamo?

Let's go . . . .Let's go. . .Let's go. . . :puzzled:

Guest RawHide

Willard started out as an asylum and the first patient was brought in a cage, a naked woman who was mentally ill. From there the Willard Asylum grew. During the WWII it became a Military Hospital. Then returned as a Psychatric Hospital. At that time they did put patients under electric shock. People who worked there confirm it and say it did help quiet those patient that needed it. Now since society feels they should live a normal life as much as possible, the state built homes where they could live. They close Willard in 1995/6 and reopen it as a Shock Boot training camp for Parole violators who committed crimes under the influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol.

We've been hearing stories from Correctional Officers and Staff of voices, sounds that they could not figure out where it was coming from. The facility has underground tunnels that patients dugged up while linving at the facility. We also have several SCREAMING ROOMS, where patients were taken out to do their screaming. These rooms look like a balcony or patio with caged windows. Some of the officers say unusual incidents occur when there is full moon out. They see images, hear sounds....

There is also two burial grounds. One side is marked on the other side unmarked. As Phil mention these are patients whom died at the facility without family ties. Just a year ago we too had a TV Crew from parnormal come and investigate these incidents and it was recently on TV announcing their findings. They did saince, sound/radio statics, and even had Ghost Whispers there. In fact two of them a man and a woman both said there was a strong presence of this Nurse called Lucy. And they can hear the ghost call her name LUCY, LUCY. I get goose bumps just talking about this. Because I enter this old building now and then and I have gone thru the tunnel a tiny bit to see cages down there on dirt grounds and very low ceiling, more like an animal cage. Just imaging if they really kept people here they couldnt control.

This facility I work at, and they are not open to the public. We had this TV Crew come because the officers were complaining and some slept in the very building that these happenings are occuring. So our superintendent approved of the investigation. It was for 3 days and at the final day some of us went to the burial grounds and gave them a proper memorial service with two chaplains and a Horn Player we placed 2 wreaths on the grounds. In my mind, I hope they know we are aware we acknowledge their presence and their souls are in final rest.

At times, on the road, something nudges me to slow down, and take the next right turn and stop. Hmmm ??. Wherever this is comeing from, I never ignore it.

GeorgeS.

Do you have any idea who this could be?

I'm glad you never ignore it. Sometimes when I'm driving. . . I'll get a very strong smell that reminds me of a deceased family member. . .if a female. . . it may be their favorite perfume. .with a male . . I get the cologne they always wore.

Once it smelled really strong of toast. . .that was weird :2132: