IGNORED

Replacing the rear shock

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Not sure when this darned cold snap will end that it gets warm enough in the garage to work on the bike. When that happens, I am replacing the rear shock on my 1st gen. and was wondering if anyone has pics and/or a step by step explanation of the procedure. Would appreciate if anyone has so I have a better understanding of what I'm getting into. Would appreciate knowing if there are any special tools needed, and roughly how long this job should take.

Thanks

Reiny, Scott (Mother) changed his last year, so you could shoot him a PM. Sure he would talk you through it. Thought he said it was a fun job and thought you needed some tools.

Anyway if you want a hand let me know, always like praticing on someone elses bike :sign20:

BRad

I believe you need a cutting torch,sledgehammer,chisels,pipe wrench and a couple of worn out Crescent wrenches. Oh yeah, a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide,mythiolate and band aids. :thumbsup2::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I've never taken the rear shock out but I have removed the bottom suspension before to install grease fittings. Just put it up on the center stand. It was fairly easy and the shock was just hanging there. I doubt if it would have taken much more wrenching to have it out. Shouldn't be too hard of a job Reiny maybe a couple of hours. :2cents::D

Guest ReinyRooster

Squid....Gibvel was gracious enough to pass me a used stock rear shock that I'm going to try out. See if it can keep my fat butt from bottoming out!

Brad, I'll track down Mother and see what he has to say.

Squid....Gibvel was gracious enough to pass me a used stock rear shock that I'm going to try out. See if it can keep my fat butt from bottoming out!

Brad, I'll track down Mother and see what he has to say.

have you checked your blinker fluid? :rotfl:

Squid....Gibvel was gracious enough to pass me a used stock rear shock that I'm going to try out. .

Pass onto to you ! Jeepers Kevin and Sue hauled the shock a long way (beside some good CDN whiskey), then it sat in my garage for a long time and it still is not on ? :stirthepot:

Brad

Guest ReinyRooster

Dang it.....forgot to check the blinker fluid...thanks Mother...I'll look into that. Then I'm gonna change the headlight fluid to highbeam so I get a brighter light!:rotf::rotf: