IGNORED

Cruise control !

Not very familiar w/ the 1200, but when I had my Vtwin, I bought Audiovox CCS-100 from Autozone. They don't have them anymore but can still be bought on e-bay. I took it off before I sold the bike. For some reason it stopped working though. I believe the servo went bad. Others had the same issue, but they just called Audiovox and got a replacement even though they didn't sell them anymore. Not sure if they charged for the replacement. Might have been on a case by case basis thing.

Overall it worked very well and loved it when it was on the bike. If you get one you may have to work w/ Audiovox to get the settings right as it is made for a car but several of us w/ our particular make/model (Honda VTX 1300) used them and Audiovox helped a couple folks w/ the settings.

Here is the link on how it was done on my Honda VTX. http://www.bannersyuma.com/Assets/Installing%20Cruise%20Control%20VTX%201300.pdf

They can still be bought brand new for about $90 just use your favorite internet search engine for Audiovox CCS-100 (or CCS100). I was able to get one from Autozone at the time for $30. Prices will vary on e-bay.

I will have to look up the link but there is a more expensive one from another company for Fuel injected bikes (not knowing if the 1200 is FI or carb)

Edited by Sideoftheroad

The Audiovox CCS 100 is a very popular unit to put on bikes. I've seen it put on many different ones. I have one to put on my bike soon. I didn't know it was not made anymore though. Here's a link to an article about how to put it on a Kawasaki. Not your bike, but a lot of the general set up instructions will be the same thing. It will give you a good start on what to do on yours.

clicky clicky

Hi ! Thanks for that, but the plans I search are to put a 1300 venture 1990 cruise control on my 84 1200 model ! thanks for all ! Bikers Freindships ! barry-only-n7

Jacques,

There will not be a connection on your '84 wiring harness to install a factory cruise control. You would have to completely change the wiring harness over from the '90 onto the '84. It might be a better and easier idea to go with an aftermarket one. You might want to PM Dray on the site here and ask him which one we installed on his bike, I don't recall which model it was, but it was an Audiovox.

If you want to Remove both fairings, find all the parts from a salvage bike, replace the Handle bar Swich Units, and make a lot of new wireing runs.

Most likley replaceing the entire wireing harness from the newer model would be the eaisest way to get all the new wireing in place.

It could be done. But--- lots of work, your money would problably be better spent on some other upgrades.

I have not heard of anybody doing this, but, there is always a first time. ??

I planned on putting a cruse control on my '83, but decided against it after looking at what was needed to do the job. So I went ahead and installed a throttle-lock. Took about 15 minutes, and does the job. The only problem I have is when I'm running with a pack of 2ndGens and their cruise controls. I'll speed up and slow down over hilly terrain, and they will maintain a constant speed. So I'm either lagging way back or running over the top of them.... On the flats it's fine. Riding long distance solo is great. :thumbsup2:

Thank you all, Condor, lylejt, GeorgeS, Pegscraper and also Mister "Squid" :happy34::happy34::happy34::happy34::happy34::happy34:!!! I'm gonna looking if I change my all wireing :puzzled: or if I put an Audiovox on my bike :think:! Do you know if the audiovox system is the same as the venture 1300 model ! But is somebody taking plans of the 1300 system with all parts on !

Thanks for all ! Bikers Friendships :happy34:! barry-only-n7 :cool:

I have installed the AudioVox CCS 100 cruise controls on several different brands of bikes. Both carbed and fuel injection types. You will in most cases need to frabricate mounts, brackets , etc. Also it may take some effort to get the servo, controler, and vacuum box tucked away on a bike. Being a fairing model of bike this should be easly done.

While Auto Zone don't carry the unit there are other sources to buy them. J C Whitney out of Chicago or E-Bay, which is where I usualy get mine from. Here's a link showing 5 available now. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=Audiovox+CCS+100&_nd1=&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=AudioVox+ccs+-100&_osacat=0

Instructions are pretty straight forward but if anyone needs help drop me a line. I also agree that for the bike in question the after market unit would be easier to install than a 2nd gen assembly.

Larry

Hi :happy34:! I want to know if somebody can search the CCS100 audiovox manual in French for me in USA ;)! I can't look at that in France :puzzled:! Thanks for all :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:!

I also search a plan of every parts of the venture 1300 cruise control :cool: ! Thanks !

Bikers friendships :happy34::happy34::happy34:! barry-only-n7 :cool:

For a bracket I bought a a throttle return bracket from Autozone. It is somewhat kidney shaped w/ holes in it. At the point of the bracket you just have to drill the hole a little bigger so the bolt from the mirror goes right through it. Brand is Spectre. http://www.moparsupercenter.com/4708.html

Kinda hard to see but it is on the left side of my old bike

Here is a link to a bracket someone else made. http://home.att.net/~averyfam/bracket_small.jpg

you will need a check valve too. I bought mine from Napa, p/n 730-1347

Edited by Sideoftheroad

vacuum canister is pretty easy. Just PVC pipe w/ 2 end caps. Drill 21/61 hole, 1/8 tap, and insert 1/8 barbed fitting.

(At least for my VTX) Cut vacuum line that comes from the back of the carb , insert 3/16 T-fitting. After putting tube on the T fitting, install the check valve. Connect short tubing after check valve and install another T-fitting. One end of tube goes to vacuum canister and the other to the Servo.