IGNORED

3D Aussie photos

spear

Steve,

I truly though you were pulling our leg, until I tried it.....HOLY COW! That is very trick and really freaks you out when it does come into focus VERY Cool :thumbsup2:

PS: For those of you that are trying to see this here is a tip. Cross your eyes hard and then slowly start to bring them back to normal. There is a point where the pic will come into focus in 3D, but you have to keep your eyes fixed in 1 spot while doing this...hope this helps some.

Steve,

I truly though you were pulling our leg, until I tried it.....HOLY COW! That is very trick and really freaks you out when it does come into focus VERY Cool :thumbsup2:

PS: For those of you that are trying to see this here is a tip. Cross your eyes hard and then slowly start to bring them back to normal. There is a point where the pic will come into focus in 3D, but you have to keep your eyes fixed in 1 spot while doing this...hope this helps some.

Thanks Squidley.

Just thought I'd throw something different into the pot and give it a stir.

Glad you've found something new to do on those cold winter nights.

Try it yourself with your own camera. Take 1 photo of a subject, then move the camera about 4 inches to the left and take another. Put the prints side by side and GO CROSS-EYED!

i tried it, took a couple of pics of backyard, and it worked perfectly. just didnt know how to put the pics side by side on the computer, so i printed them on the printer, and laid them next to each other.

here they are...can anyone work with them? ( putting them side by side?)

Here it is. This is a little wide though. You have to cross your eyes pretty hard to do this one. But it works. I find it helps to magnify the picture, and also to hold your hands in front of you to block out the outside pictures so you can only see the middle 3D one.

I thought of printing them and putting them in my old stereoscope. But I haven't done it yet. They would probably be much easier to view.

I also thought about putting these together on opposite sides just to mess with you.

How do you take these? Take one picture and move three inches to the right and take another?

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg366/pegscrapers/Picture1-1.png

How do you take these? Take one picture and move three inches to the right and take another?

thanks, Lynn. works good. :sign kewl:

you got the right idea as to how it was taken. i dont think the distance is too critical between the 2 shots. approx 3-5 inches should be good. i held the camera against the sliding door facing the backyard...took first pic, then slid the door a bit to the left, and took the second shot....holding the camera in the same spot. avoid tilting the camera from one pic to the other.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys.

I told you about my Central Australia trip middle of 2008.

I think most of you are also aware that I'm a keen (pro)photographer.

Did I also mention that I do 3D Stereo photography?

Anybody familiar with it or even tried it?

Have a look at these. If you want to see the 3D, just look at the centre of the big picture and cross your eyes until the images merge, and "Whammo!"

There you have it.

Can't see it - keep trying. It's a bit like riding a bicycle. Once you've mastered it you will have it forever.

That last pic of the tree would look awsome in UV

Trying getting a UV filter for the lens, you'll love it, and nice pics

That last pic of the tree would look awsome in UV

Trying getting a UV filter for the lens, you'll love it, and nice pics

Hey Marco.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now, you speak of "that last pic of the tree.."

Mate - which one? There were lots of tree shots, and the last shot was not a tree shot.

And when you say UV, do you possibly mean an IR shot?

You tell me which shot it is, and I'll MAKE it an IR for you.

Cheers,

Spear