IGNORED

MAC Muffler group buy list.

I wasn't planning on installing mine until spring so I'll be patiently waiting.

BTW whats a set of rusty Jardines likely to bring on ebay?:rotf:

Why not keep them for winter pipes, just in case global warming kicks in & you can get out on the scoot. I know you are on the wrong coast, to do that on a normal basis, like I normally do.

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not keep them for winter pipes, just in case global warming kicks in & you can get out on the scoot. I know you are on the wrong coast, to do that on a normal basis, like I normally do.

Thanks for rubbing that in Rocket. Actually we can usually ride here till December but its May or June before its fit to get on the road in the spring. On PEI we have 4 seasons. Summer - Fall - Winter and mud.:rotf:

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I just received a call back from MAC with some info on where our mufflers are in the whole scheme of production. They have 6 sets built and are now waiting on materials to complete the last 4. I've been given an estimate of another 2 weeks. If this presents a problem for anyone send me a PM and I'll see if we can get a partial shipment, but I'd really like to do this all at once.

Works for me....We will be a**hole deep in snow before I get to putting them on anyway.....Thanks

MAC Muffler update: Talked to Mac Friday and the final 4 sets are off to the platers and they should be ready today (9/24) or tomorrow (tues). It'll probably be a few more days before they are inspected, boxed, and shipped here to the house. We're getting close!!!:cool10:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Condor, ?????????? :confused24:

Just got off the phone yesterday afternoon with MAC. I think they got their signals crossed somewhere along the line. When I first talked to Waylon, the 'new' customer service go-to guy, I thought he said that 6 pair were ready to ship, and I told him to wait for the other 4 before sending. Yesterday he tells me that the 6 are just being packed up for shipment, and they're still waiting for the last 4 to come back from the plater's. I know this has been dragging on forever, and after this I think I'm going to make it the last batch. I might also add that if anyone has changed their mind I'll be happy to refund their money....... It's too late to refund thru Paypal and so I'll eat the charges.

Guest Backroads

Doing a great job, I am not in any hurry, like most I think it's part of my winter work projects.:snow:

I have to keep up on the new smilies - love it

:bagpipes-emoticon:

Hey Condor, please do not take Murphy's Law personally. You are doing a great job and you are appreciated for sticking your neck out to orchestrate a great opportunity to keep these old Ventures on the road. Without your help we could not possibly afford to keep these old girls going. This is an awesome deal and all we have to do is wait. It's not costing us anything to wait and that works for me.

It's not your place to eat any costs on this deal (even though I appreciate your graciousness) we assume responsibility for that, and it would be inappropriate to make you the fall guy. We need guys like you who take the initiative to help others, we're 100% behind you, be encouraged and thanks for getting them to manufacture some more Venture exhausts. We are going to need more of these pipes, as these old girls are going to be around for a while yet.

Three cheers, for Condor! :clap2:

• 3 weeks later...

Condor, Great news, looking forward to getting shiny new pipes. I just picked up a set of front headers on ebay and will be replacing them and the mufflers over the winter.

Just a shipping concern, When shipping to Canada please use USPS as UPS charges us unsuspecting Canucks a huge brokerage fee on top of the charges paid by the shipper. I have had to refuse some UPS shipments because the additional charges were more than the value of the products.

Anyway Thanks for your efforts to improve the look and sound of these great bikes.

Rick

Guest Backroads
Condor, Great news, looking forward to getting shiny new pipes. I just picked up a set of front headers on ebay and will be replacing them and the mufflers over the winter.

Just a shipping concern, When shipping to Canada please use USPS as UPS charges us unsuspecting Canucks a huge brokerage fee on top of the charges paid by the shipper. I have had to refuse some UPS shipments because the additional charges were more than the value of the products.

Anyway Thanks for your efforts to improve the look and sound of these great bikes.

Rick

Ditto that - UPS are bandits when it comes to brokerage fees.

Thanks again for doing this.:thumbsup2:

Ditto that - UPS are bandits when it comes to brokerage fees.

Thanks again for doing this.:thumbsup2:

Geoff, Like I PM'd Rick, USPS Global is the only way I ship north of the boarder.

I might also add that I received the 10 sets tonight just before dinner. So I'll start shipping them out over the next couple of days. I might also add that I'm going to inspect each set to make sure nothing has been damaged during shipment. I did hear a little metal on metal when my UPS driver unloaded them, but it could be nothing more then the clamp baggy wandering around in there. I'll let everyone know what I find.... The last time around a few sets had the tip of the turndown pushed in and this time I want to make sure they're OK.

OK, opened up a box to check on things and the packaging is MUCH better than the last batch...:clap2: The rattle was the set of new clamps moving around and won't hurt a thing. I stuffed in more newspaper for security. As it looks right now, I'll start cutting labels and taking them to the UPS office tomorrow afternoon. Checking each box will take some time.... Canadian shipments will probably go out Friday. There....Everybody happy!!!