IGNORED

1300 tourer

GOODWRENCH

All depends upon what you really want, does your Sig other ride with you? Do you like having the cruise and radio? How comfortable do you want to be on longer trips? Lots of variables to think of but it's all in what you want out of a bike. If my wife would have refused to get back on a bike after our accident I wouldn't have bought another Venture. Mine would have been an ST 1300, if you can take the 1300 out for an extended ride I would do so. Once the deal is done....it's done

:2cents:

sold an 84 venture and bought a97 rstd and have been very happy with the choice. pros, more nimble, lower center of gravity easier to move around. plenty of power for me. cons, need to get more accessories to make it as comfortable as the venture, stock seat is not nearly as comfortable. all in all a good trade for us.

ride safe and be cool, thumper1

Guest Swifty
I wouldn't have bought another Venture. Mine would have been an ST 1300, if you can take the 1300 out for an extended ride I would do so. Once the deal is done....it's done :2cents:

find that hard to believe...given your enjoyment of the feet forward style

i have a 1300 tourer. i really like it but my wife says it is uncomforatble, even with the corbin seat. i have ridden 600 miles with the stock seat no problem. the only reason i bought it cuz my legs are bad and i needed a lower bike. you will be giving up alot of luxury. the 1300 will out handle the venture and may out run it. it is also vibration free for a twin. i like it when i want to ride a basic motorcycle. when i want to travel i take the wing. to be honest i loved my venturized rstd, but after i rode my 1300 awhile and got back on the rstd it felt like i was driving a semi, until i got the feel again. i would be real sure before you make the move. bill:2133:

Granted I did not ride the Vstar1300 but I did have a Vstar1100 classic. I did like the bike but was unhappy with a few things: 1. It didn't have enough power! Once you got above 65mph it seemed to really struggle. 2. The seat is not comfortable at all for say more than 2hrs of riding. 3. No fuel gauge. I now have a 05 RSTD and I am very happy with my purchase. I usually ride the TD to work which is 42 miles one way! and it is alot more comfortable to ride than the Vstar ever was. Not that the Vstar is a bad bike, but once you have had a Cadillac it's hard to go back to the Chevy!

Dave

like lewis said the 1100 and 1300 are night and day different. the 1100 was great for the short run and around town. i think the 1300 may be a little longer than a harley. lots of leg room very comfortable. i would'nt hesitate to tour the usa on it solo. i love mine. i have added alot of bells and whistles to mine to make it a little more plush like the corbin touring seat,it was waste of money, sirius radio, rstd handle bars, passenger floorboards, and a little chrome here and there. i have a new wing and the 1300. usually when i have two bikes the one i like most gets riddeen and the other one sits. i ride both of them an equal amount cuz i love them both. :2133:

Bill, one thing I have done yet is replace the handlebars, they arent that uncomfortable for me, but I would like to change them, you got a spare set laying around ole buddy...........:banana:

[quote name=Snarley Bill;287304' date=' rstd handle bars, usually when i have two bikes the one i like most gets riddeen and the other one sits. i ride both of them an equal amount cuz i love them both. :2133:[/quote]

I just sold my 07 Venture and bought a 08 road star. I loved the venture but around town (80%) of my riding it was a hand full. I love the road star but I knew I would I had one before. I looked at the 1300 but thought for that other 20% riding I would like the road* because it is just a little bigger. The 1300 does get a lot better gas mileage 42 I think road star 36, and better fuel injection set up.

When I ride my 1700 Road Star Midnight Silverado it is a nice change from the Venture. Feels a lot smaller and is easy to handle. Roll on power is great. But unless you change out the passenger seat, I would hate to ride on the back very far.

Bill, one thing I have done yet is replace the handlebars, they arent that uncomfortable for me, but I would like to change them, you got a spare set laying around ole buddy...........:banana:
only reason i changed the bars was i got a good buy on some new rstd bars and i could'nt reach the stock bars with the corbin backrest. still can barely reach them. got to modify the back rest it's back like a recliner. you would think corbin would know how to fit a back rest by now.:sign29: :2133: i got some stock bars you can have if you need them. bill