IGNORED

Who is Responsible for Shipped Parts

Sleeperhawk

The question I have is about buying parts, the part is shipped and was damaged.

Who is responsible for the part to replaced at no cost to me, the shipper or the company I bought the part from? :confused24:

So far every company I have bought parts from have stated if the part is damaged in shipping, they would replace it, but not this particular Yamaha dealer. Was told to go through the shipping firm, otherwise I am out the money I paid for the damaged part.

If the package was damaged in shipment then the shipping company is responsible and you should have noted the package damage upon reciept. If the package was left at the door then call the shipping company and let them know you recieved the package with visible damage to the package and want to file a claim on the package. Be firm, the shipping company is responsible if the package arrived with visible damage. If there is no visible damage it depends on what the part is. If it was "fragile" then it still could have been damaged in shipment but it also could have been shipped damaged.

Good luck in this matter

Sleeperhawk ,who was the shipper ? We ship out UPS and USPS daily . We also insure every item we ship out . Was your package insured ? If so , contact the seller to have them make a claim as they are the ones whom placed the insurance on the item .

Since '99 , we have been fortunate to have only 5 claims . Mostly because the recipeint said they never received the package . Tracers on the packages verified the truth . Only one damage claim , and that was through UPS . We the shipper had to file the claim and we were reimbursed the cost plus shipping . Once we received verification that the claim will be paid out , we immediately resent the order .

Most companies will make good on damaged goods , as they do not want to risk the negative reviews that they could get through the BBB , or word of mouth . If the seller knows that they will receive comfinsation from the shipper , they normally will send to you a replacement immediately or after they receive the item back for inspection . Mostly , they wish to see the item back , as we have received back damage goods for return , knowingly that they themselves damaged the goods .

BEER30

Since you have already been told by the vendor you bought it from that they intend to stiff you, the very first thing you should do is dispute the credit card payment with your bank. Federal law protects you from just this sort of chicanery from dishonest vendors; if you don't get what you paid for, they have to take the charge off.

Next, tell US, NOW, who this bad vendor is so we don't get ripped off too. Ordinarily I would say to wait before you reveal the name until they have a chance to make things right, but since you say they already told you they refused to stand behind the order, they have made it clear they are not to be trusted.

Finally, do as suggested above and properly file a claim with the shipper. Their responsibility is actually to the company who paid them, but that will protect you from any future games by the shop if they try and claim that they cannot get paid by the shipper because you did not report it.

Lastly, do not return the damaged part until you take good pictures of both the part and the shipping material, and make sure you have something in writing (email will work) from the vendor instructing you to return it and stating what they will do when they receive it.

Good luck,

Goose

Since you have already been told by the vendor you bought it from that they intend to stiff you, the very first thing you should do is dispute the credit card payment with your bank. Federal law protects you from just this sort of chicanery from dishonest vendors; if you don't get what you paid for, they have to take the charge off.

Next, tell US, NOW, who this bad vendor is so we don't get ripped off too. Ordinarily I would say to wai before you reveal the name until they have a chance to make things right, but since you say they already told you they refused to stand behind the order, they have made it clear they are not to be trusted.

Finally, do as suggested above and properly file a claim with the shipper. Their responsibility is actually to the company who paid them, but that will protect you from any future games by the shop if they try and claim that they cannot get paid by the shipper because you did not report it.

Lastly, do not return the damaged part until you take good pictures of both the part and the shipping material, and make sure you have something in writing (email will work) from the vendor instructing you to return it and stating what they will do when they receive it.

Good luck,

Goose

I am waiting for the part to arrive, which I am being told will be here sometime next week now. I just happened to ask the question if the part was damaged during shipping, how do I go about returning the part and getting a replacement. I was then told to contact the shipping company as the Yamaha dealer would not be responsible for any damage. I will be taken pics of the box and as I unpack the items.

I am hoping the part will not be damaged during shipping but who knows.

I am more frustrated with the fact that I ordered the parts on Dec 4 and was told they would ship out Monday and was told on the phone "Oh, we putting that order together now and shipping out later today."

That is why I usually deal with the dealer in Sumter SC, at least they are up front when something is being delayed or parts were damaged, they made good.

I am dealin with South Seattle Sports Plaza.

Yes, I know they have good prices, but if that is their attitude :(, I most likely will not deal with again.

OK George , did ya tick them off somehow ? Are we being paranoid ? :crackup: . Or is this package for that lovely wife of your and you don't want anything to go wrong ? :innocent-emoticon: , ...so ya don't go to that "Dog House" .

Since when is Chrome fragile ? Or is this a big package ......um , maybe Mechanics new scoot for Christmas ? That's would pretty darn big and heavy and would be a mess if it was dropped ! Don't need a new scoot with a scratch or ding in it !

Or could it be Yamaha branded glass PIE pans for the making Cherry Pie ? Come on George , your being a little secretive :256: about this . No need to use code , your among family and friends !!!!!! :stickpoke::stickpoke:

BEER30

OK, I over-reacted based on your first post. Thank you for the clarification. When you said "the part is shipped and was damaged.", I think all of us (or at least those who responded here) believed you were already in a pickle. I doubt I would ever order from a place that told me up front they would refuse to stand behind a part that I received damaged, but I guess that is an individual call. Good luck,

Goose

George, I have had better dealings with www.flatoutmotorcycles.com in Indiana. Plus hes a member here too. Prices were slightly better than Seattle but I did get some attitude fron Seattle when I was trying to get some shipping info on the phone. Flat out was true to their word. Id give them a try in the future.

Thanks Ruffy, next time I will give them a try.