IGNORED

good saddle cleaner

slick97spirit

I need to clean the saddles on my MM RSV. If anyone could recommend a good product for that job it would be appreciated. Also, just wanted to say that the response I've gotten from the people on this site is fantastic. You people love your Venture's. Hope I end up enjoying mine as much. So far so good.

:thumbsup:

Once you have cleaned it with saddle soap, use the product "Saddle Butter" to condition and renew the leather. Don't just take my word for it, talk to our resident leather expert Gene, Beer30 and he will provide you with all the information you could ever need about leather and leather care!

Why are we cleaning nogahide with leather supplies ? :confused24:

There's a lot of good UV protectant cleaner/conditioners that will clean and protect the saddle material .

Now if you do have true leather on your saddle , then lukewarm water and small amount of dish washing liquid (not Dawn) . Soft to medium bristle brush and with a light to medium hand , wash it down . Let it dry and then condition it with a conditioner . I prefer Saddle Butter . Mink Oil is Great , but evaporates to quickly and you find yourself conditioning more often . Just don't use that "Slick'em" stuff or you will be bumping your butt on the pavement , and defenantly do not use "LEXOL" !

BEER30

Why are we cleaning nogahide with leather supplies ? :confused24:

There's a lot of good UV protectant cleaner/conditioners that will clean and protect the saddle material .

Now if you do have true leather on your saddle , then lukewarm water and small amount of dish washing liquid (not Dawn) . Soft to medium bristle brush and with a light to medium hand , wash it down . Let it dry and then condition it with a conditioner . I prefer Saddle Butter . Mink Oil is Great , but evaporates to quickly and you find yourself conditioning more often . Just don't use that "Slick'em" stuff or you will be bumping your butt on the pavement , and defenantly do not use "LEXOL" !

BEER30

The seats are nogahide not leather. They've got some boot marks on them where the previous owner drug his heel across them. Will the dish washing liquid still work the best or go to a product like the STP Sonofagun?

The seats are nogahide not leather. They've got some boot marks on them where the previous owner drug his heel across them. Will the dish washing liquid still work the best or go to a product like the STP Sonofagun?

Any good cleaner will work , or just a lightly damp soapy rag . Never hurts to try some Son of a Gun or ArmorAll on it . Question is , did it scare the outer surface ? If so , not much one can do . There are paints in a rattle can made that will cover up , but you would have to use acetone rag to wipe any foreign stuff off such as waxes and conditioners . Then spray appropriate coats over the entire seat until the scars are leveled out . Also hard to do on a pleated cushioned seat .

Either one will have to recover the seat or place a cover over it , such as sheep skin , or other material . Or just wait until Noga hunting season comes around :whistling:. Some states it's hard to obtain permits to hunt them . I've got a few marks on mine , as my hips sometimes not allow me to toss the leg over enough , but have not scared the noga enough to make much concern .

BEER30

I wish you good luck cleaning the MM saddle. I never found anything that would clean them up. In retrospect coating them when they were new would have helped; hindsight is 20/20. If you find something that works let us know. Rod

When I bought my 07 sight-unseen, the previous SOB owner somehow neglected to tell me about 10,000 gross white marks across the passenger seat - he must have been dragging is $#*^$#!! Pat Boon shoes over that seat every time he got on and off that thing! (Doncha just HATE dishonest people?) For some strange reason I trust members here more than anyone else, but there are bad apples in any group. But I digress . . .

While visiting a friend on the way home with the bike, he swore he had some stuff that would take ANYTHING off - well, I rubbed and scrubbed with that stuff for 15 minutes, and it didn't even touch those white marks. When I got the bike home, I put a touch of Goof Off on the tip of a rag; just a little rubbing took those marks right off! Don't know ifit will work as well on your marks, but it is sure worth a try. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose