IGNORED

I did it today

Marcarl

Went for a ride today,,,,had to,,,,,had no other transportation,,,,,,,,,,market needed Peameal Bacon,,,,,,,customers were getting upset,,,,,,,,,,all the way in Cambridge, a cool 35 km,,,,,,,,,,,,,the sun was shinning,,,,,,,,,,skidosuit needed some attention,,,,,,,,gas was getting old in the scoot,,,,,,,,only 1 more day in November,,,,,,,,,,just had to go.UUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMthatfeltgooooooood.

i was almost tempted to ride mine too...

got it running for a while. but would have had to move 2 cars to get out...too much trouble.

the fellas south of us must be wondering what the big deal is.

guys...it was 5 celcious here in toronto area. thats like 40 F. :snow2::bang head:

Thats like Summer up there !! ride it like ya stole it!!

:Venture:

i was almost tempted to ride mine too...

got it running for a while. but would have had to move 2 cars to get out...too much trouble.

the fellas south of us must be wondering what the big deal is.

guys...it was 5 celcious here in toronto area. thats like 40 F. :snow2::bang head:

So, yeah, I'm wondering what the big deal is. It's warm today -- 40*F here now -- and nobody bought me a car, so I'll be heading out in 40*F in the rain.

hi carl

gald to hear you got some riding in even if it was going to the store. now you had my old brain wondering what the neck is peameal bacon. so i let my fingers do some typing and found out. i have had canadian bacon before but never peameal bacon. found out the bacon used to be coated in a ground yellow pea flour/meal. but now is coated in yellow cornmeal. never seen this combo before but will have to give it a try. looks like i'll have to make my own, never seen this in our stores.

best reguards

don c.

hi carl

gald to hear you got some riding in even if it was going to the store. now you had my old brain wondering what the neck is peameal bacon. so i let my fingers do some typing and found out. i have had canadian bacon before but never peameal bacon. found out the bacon used to be coated in a ground yellow pea flour/meal. but now is coated in yellow cornmeal. never seen this combo before but will have to give it a try. looks like i'll have to make my own, never seen this in our stores.

best reguards

don c.

It's specially selected pork backs, cured in a special cure with salt, nitrate, sugars and such, and then rolled in cornmeal. A big hit in these parts and we sell a pile of it. Too often too much salt is used to preserve and add weight and so to make it cheaper. Ours only lasts for 2-3 weeks because we don't load it full of crap (salt and other stuff). We have folks stopping by from all over North America to get some. Ontario is about the only place where you can get it, or get it good, it seems.

Yesterday there were 30 of us who gathered and hit the road. Outside temp was at 42F with lots of sunshine. We made pit stops every hour so no one got cold.

Capped off the run at a nice food joint in RI....All you can eat roasted chicken,home-made french fries,salad,fresh-baked rolls,and pasta....$15 per person......served up Family style!

Riding a Venture on a full stomach is the only way to go....:crackup:

Today outside temp is 30F and ice pellets/snow are covering everything out there.:snow:

It's Dec 5th. Left for work on my 99 venture, it was 22deg f. The coldest i've ridden is 13 deg. I wear insulated bibs, and a leater jacket, and full face helmet. If it's not slick, I ride. There is just something about a Venture. Gotta love it. Sure do get a lot of strange looks when you go by people when the temps are in the teens. This site is a lot of fun, and good info. Thanks, Phil S.