IGNORED

Remote control B-29

Joopster55

• 4 weeks later...

That is such a cool video. I only wish that those guys with all the time on their hands would now try making up the old Convair B36 Peacemaker...The one with all six radials not counting the 2 double jet engines at the wing tips! I guess I'm just dreaming.

Great video it brought back some memories. I sold my air force in 04. The price of a gallon of fuel was about $10.00 then I don’t know what it is now but I thing he just burned about $20.00 for that flight. The biggest I ever built and flew was a ¼ scale Fokker bi-plane. It took me about 6 months to build and if I remember correctly I had about $1300.00 in it. Every time I took it to the field I was a nervous wreck thinking something was going to happen and I was going to put it into the ground.

That is such a cool video. I only wish that those guys with all the time on their hands would now try making up the old Convair B36 Peacemaker...The one with all six radials not counting the 2 double jet engines at the wing tips! I guess I'm just dreaming.

The peace maker isn't a popular aircraft for modelers because it wasn't ever used in an actual combat situation. It's design was meant to deliver nuclear ordinance anywhere in the world. At that time, it was an excellent scare tactic since the US was the only one with nukes. The ICBM was so close to follow and much cheaper to operate, that the Peace maker never "got off the ground" so to say.

I have seen a peace maker in person and they are truly something to behold. Very sleek lines and the rear facing props are just the right touch. I agree that it is too bad more of them arent modeled. Most of the old codgers (being nice here) that I have flown RC with try to model aircraft they have actually flown, and there weren't many at all with B36 time.

I'm pretty sure that B-29 also crashed. I heard when he was doing his stunt when the pilot supposedly bailed out one of the wings folded and it is now trash.

There sure is some nice RC's around the country, lots of money though.

Jerry