IGNORED

Changing your own tires!

bryan52577

Having changed several tires on different bikes in my life I just can't quite believe this one.

I'm not sure what the straps are doing except clamping the bead together, it certainly is not making the diameter of the tire bigger.

I would have to see this one in person to believe it knowing how hard the Venture tires are to change.

Jerry

That is certainly an innovative idea. Don't know if I'll ever try it since I have my tire changer, but I'm quite sure it would work, even if it took a little effort. Cinching the beads together in so many places around the tire would have the effect of slightly enlarging the inside diameter. In addition, having both beads secured together just makes it easier to ensure they are pulled up into the deep well in the center of the rim while trying to push the tire over the opposite side. Positioning the tire this way is important for easy mounting even when using irons or a machine.

Thanx for posting it - you never know when a new idea might come in handy!

Goose

I was thinking more about this today and talking to a fellow biker and the more I think about it I think it's BS!

Like said before I have changed several tires on the big bikes and you just aren't going to put that tire on without some tools......Not on the Venture at least....

I would also like to see the guy take a tire off with a hack saw......

Jerry

A KLR tire is much softer then a tire for a Venture. I can walk a 14,15 or 16 inch automotive tire on with just my feet, but the tires for the Venture are very stiff. I'd be very impressed if someone can change em on the Venture without irons.