IGNORED

How can they do it?

Dragonslayer

How can any company, even a Hong Kong company advertise, make and sell a full size vinyle motorcycle cover for $1.66, Buy it now price. I don't know either but I got mine in the mail today.

I really didn't expect much when I saw it on e-bay but I figured what the heck for $1.66 I'd take a chance.:mo money:

When it came today just seven days since I pushed the buy it now button I was even impressed with the prompt delivery all the way from Hong Kong, China. When I got it out of the package and put it on the bike I was even impressed with the fit, fabric and workmanship.:thumbsup2:

Gee this time I guess it wasn't too good to be true.:cool10::dancefool::cool10:

They're loosing 5 bucks ea., but they're making it up in volumn.... :mo money: Actually the shipping is where they're making their profit. Plus the BIN selling price keeps the final fees down to a minimum, and it's only about 25 cents to list the cover. They're not making much. Plus I wrote them about the material they use and the response was plastic. I picked up a made in china for a few bucks more thru a US seller, and it makes a good overnighter, but for long term outdoor storage it's terrible. I did pick up a couple of Cycle Saks off ebay a couple of years ago, and I wish I could find more. They're bullet proof....

They're loosing 5 bucks ea., but they're making it up in volumn.... :mo money: Actually the shipping is where they're making their profit. Plus the BIN selling price keeps the final fees down to a minimum, and it's only about 25 cents to list the cover. They're not making much. Plus I wrote them about the material they use and the response was plastic. I picked up a made in china for a few bucks more thru a US seller, and it makes a good overnighter, but for long term outdoor storage it's terrible. I did pick up a couple of Cycle Saks off ebay a couple of years ago, and I wish I could find more. They're bullet proof....

You wouldnt have to find more if you wouldnt loan the ones you got out to guys from Canada who forget and take them home....:innocent:

Brian

I´ve bought two covers from "Gorilla covers" on eBay for my Royal Star Tour Classic and my former Virago XV1100. Excellent fit and the material is thick and the workmanship excellent. The only one I would by if I needed one. Did earlier buy a cheap Chinese cover but was very dissapointed to say the least.

The moral,,,,,,, pay a little more and get a better and longer lasting merchandise in most cases. Didn´t the man say,,,,, You get what you pay for!:mo money:

How can any company, even a Hong Kong company advertise, make and sell a full size vinyle motorcycle cover for $1.66,

DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR BIKE!!!! IT IS MADE OF VERY THIN LEAD. IT IS SURE TO MAKE YOUR BIKE SICK!!! ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT IS SUPERMAN WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT WHEN IT'S COVERED.:rotfl::rotfl::D

I´ve bought two covers from "Gorilla covers" on eBay for my Royal Star Tour Classic and my former Virago XV1100. Excellent fit and the material is thick and the workmanship excellent. The only one I would by if I needed one. Did earlier buy a cheap Chinese cover but was very dissapointed to say the least.

The moral,,,,,,, pay a little more and get a better and longer lasting merchandise in most cases. Didn´t the man say,,,,, You get what you pay for!

The Cycle Sak's I got off of Ebay ran about $50 and that included shipping. They are heavy, but I have lighter ones I carry when heading out for an overnighter. I just did several different searchs for Gorilla Covers on Ebay and it looks like they've gone the way of Cycle Saks. There is one seller that's making long term storage cover that may be an answer. The problem is the BIN $69.95 + shipping, which is going to kick the thing up to around $90 bucks.....:mo money:

DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR BIKE!!!! IT IS MADE OF VERY THIN LEAD. IT IS SURE TO MAKE YOUR BIKE SICK!!! ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT IS SUPERMAN WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT WHEN IT'S COVERED.:rotfl::rotfl::D
Are you trying to pull the cover over my eyes? I know a good deal when I see one. I am Superman and I can see it just fine.

How can any company, even a Hong Kong company advertise, make and sell a full size vinyle motorcycle cover for $1.66

I don't know how they do it either. The truck dealership I work for buys nylon load securing straps that are made overseas. We sell them for around $7. I don't see how they even buy the raw materials for that price, much less manufacture, assemble and ship here and we put our markup on it for that price.

• 3 months later...

When it came today just seven days since I pushed the buy it now button I was even impressed with the prompt delivery all the way from Hong Kong, China. When I got it out of the package and put it on the bike I was even impressed with the fit, fabric and workmanship.

Interested in what size you ordered or how it was described, as I need one for the 88VR I hope to pick up this weekend (to cover it when it is parked inside), and there are seveal different sizes listed on e-bay.

Evan

As long as you order a cover in XXL or one that'll fit an RSV, it'll fit the 1stGens. Just another comment about the covers from Hong Kong. They are very poorly made and the material, although it looks good, will fade and leak in very a short time. Only good as an overnight 'dust' cover. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just ordered another cover off ebay from a US seller. I bit more money, but way ahead with a heavier material and nicer construction. There are two sellers in California that have the same cover. One includes a chain/padlock if you do a buy it now, and the other includes the lock no matter what. Their covers are made in China, but much nicer. With 6 bikes and no inside storage I buy a lot of covers, and so far these are the best I've found since my original Cycle Sak's. One more thing. Don't buy the type that are that gray mesh. The things actually start to deteriorate and fall apart. They are the worst of them all.

Edited by Condor