IGNORED

Pledge question.....

Iowawegian

LOL... Phew.... When I first read the title of this thread, and saw that it was out of Iowa, I figured it was going to be another Political Thread which would be heading south.

But it looks like the folks in Iowa are getting ready to stable their ponies for the winter as we are fast sliding into the PMS..

(For the newbies, that's Preventive Maintenance Season)

:15_8_211[1]:

I always keep a can in the saddle bag when I am on the road, start off with a clean bike and hit the windshield and front end every time I fill up. Keeps the bike looking good and much easier to keep clean. I know keeping a bike clean isn't for everyone, but if that is what works for you pledge is a keeper.

LOL... Phew.... When I first read the title of this thread, and saw that it was out of Iowa, I figured it was going to be another Political Thread which would be heading south.

But it looks like the folks in Iowa are getting ready to stable their ponies for the winter as we are fast sliding into the PMS..

(For the newbies, that's Preventive Maintenance Season)

:15_8_211[1]:

It is also known as Parked Motorcycle Syndrome

RandyA

I've been using Pledge on my Bikes since the *0's. I used to use lemon pledge but when the orange pledge came out I tried it and found that it rubs in quicker and leave less of an oily film that needs to be rubber out. The lemon Pledge seems lighter with a little more water content to it. I usually rub it in with one clothe then rub out any excess with a drier cloth. If a bike isn't muddy then it will clean any surface including the engine cases. I had black aniodized cases on my Honda and its kept them looking like new.

1. Do you use it instead of washing your bike?

Yes, unless it is really crudy with obvious grit and grime. In that case I wash it with Simple Green.

2. Do you use it on the paint,chrome, windsheild?

I use it on everything except the seat.

3. Does it take off bug splatter?

Absolutely AND it makew bug splatter easier to remvoe next time around.

I keep a can in the bike and have fun cleaning friends windshields just to show them what Pledge can do.

Bingo !! Great wax and makes cleaning alot easier

Pledge does not contain any wax. It's the silicones that keep the bugs from sticking (any avoids any waxy build-up which can give chrome a yellowish tint).

I'm a big fan - been using it for years on several motorcycles. There's a can in my sidebag with some microfiber towels at all times.