IGNORED

Looks like we're "Venturing" to the "dark side"...

SilvrT

Yes... yes..yes... we've made a deal on an '06 RSMV. It's a scoot that is advertised on this site no less to boot!

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1334/cat/4

It's been checked out by a friend of ours who is very meticulous and it's in showroom condition (it should be for only 1300 km's). We got it for $12,900 which I feel is a heck of a deal for this particular bike and for here in Canada...eh!

:thumbsup2:

Rick, what are you thinking. You know those things give you warts.... :whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Congrats, you guys - you will enjoy thousands of miles on that new bike. Take from someone who has been there and done that, take your time on the options - all that have been listed so far are good starters - we will look forward to seeing you and Nina at the meets next year on your new steed.:thumbsup:

Congrats, you guys - you will enjoy thousands of miles on that new bike. Take from someone who has been there and done that, take your time on the options - all that have been listed so far are good starters - we will look forward to seeing you and Nina at the meets next year on your new steed.:thumbsup:

What... you didn't go out and get all those goodies and paint job the very first day you got your scoot??? I'm soooooooo disapointed!

:sign20: :sign just kidding:

Rick, what are you thinking. You know those things give you warts.... :whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

You sayin I'll have MORE now?? OMG!

:rotf:

Hey that bike is an exact replica of mine! Enjoy....you'll find out that BLACK is the FASTEST color!....................:cool10:

ps: I use only Lemon Pledge on everything and the scoot always looks like she just rolled off the Showroom floor.

Hey Boomer are you serious ? Never tried that, works that great ?

Anyone tried lemon pledge ?

BREEZE:cool17:

Hey Boomer are you serious ? Never tried that, works that great ?

Anyone tried lemon pledge ?

BREEZE:cool17:

Yep....Nothing but Lemon Pledge! Spray a little onna clean rag and wipe off/buff with a separate clean rag. I use worn out cotton T-shirts because they leave NO lint behind. This stuff makes everything sparkle plus the windshield sheds water like a duck too.........:banana:

I love using Pledge on my scoot and I do use it on almost everything on the bikefrom chrome to windsheild, BUT I do think my scoot gets dustier a lot quicker than it does when Ive used other things.

Dust is way easier to get rid of when you have a shiny and slippery surface so I keep using the Pledge cause its cheap and effective.

Brian

SilvrT, keep an eye on crappy tire, they have a decent lift (1500lbs),which usually sells for $75 on sale .

http://www.tsbshipping.com/ these guys are great for getting bike stuff shipped to ,saves the tax bs ............some times :happy34:

heh... I was there yesterday cheking them out... I'll wait until they're on sale and then grab one!

• 1 year later...

Just been admiring the photo of your new ride,Now my query is this. I have a 1996 RS XVZ and cos im a little short and the knuckles dont quite scrape on the ground when I have to walk anywhere, I find that there is some streaching needed when doing tight slow speed turns on my ride. Your photo suggests to me that your handle bars have a different profile and are lower and are swept back slightly further than mine. Are they one inch diameter and would my controlls fit. If this is the case I feel that a change could be good for me. Unfortunatly I could not afford the bike, so I mean just the bars. Does any one have any thoughts on this one? :think:

Just been admiring the photo of your new ride,Now my query is this. I have a 1996 RS XVZ and cos im a little short and the knuckles dont quite scrape on the ground when I have to walk anywhere, I find that there is some streaching needed when doing tight slow speed turns on my ride. Your photo suggests to me that your handle bars have a different profile and are lower and are swept back slightly further than mine. Are they one inch diameter and would my controlls fit. If this is the case I feel that a change could be good for me. Unfortunatly I could not afford the bike, so I mean just the bars. Does any one have any thoughts on this one? :think:

The bars are stock 1" and since I bought the bike, I've added 1.5" risers. Stock bar height was just too uncomfortable. Not sure if these bars would fit on your scoot.

• 5 years later...
It even has the original factory decals on the tank!! :shock3:

Wow! And that factory bib is so..........so........unattractive!! Fix that up fast, will ya, SilvrT

Well......congratulations.....you have a box-stock, 3-year-newer than mine, version of MY bike. I was just trying to figure out the math as to who got what kind of a deal: bought my '03 in '07 with 17K kliks on it.......for $17K (a grand per 1000k!)

Not long after that, I felt that I'd over-paid.....but as the years go by, I feel it's been worth every penny. I have a bit of a love/hate thing going with the weight/centre of gravity/whiny thing(s)........but, hey, you learn to live with SOME things because OTHERS are so good. Embrace it.......love it......it'll love you back!

Mike

P.S. Get a Stebel........and for crying out, don't put LOUD PIPES ON IT! :-)

Ooops......just relized this is a 10,000 year old post.

How's your bike running? Still own it? LOL

Edited by Semi-retired
Time-shifter!

Ooops......just relized this is a 10,000 year old post.

How's your bike running? Still own it? LOL

LOL ... sold it a few years ago and bought a 2003 Wing. Traded that in 2013 for a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour. I still have that and paid it off 2 weeks ago. Will keep it for at least another 2 years and maybe trade for something different then.

LOL ... sold it a few years ago and bought a 2003 Wing. Traded that in 2013 for a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour. I still have that and paid it off 2 weeks ago. Will keep it for at least another 2 years and maybe trade for something different then.

Wow. You're changing bikes like I change underwear. (Well, maybe not QUITE that often!)

I bought my 82 GS1100G Suzuki shafty in 83...sold it 07 when I bought the Venture! Call me cheap.....or loyal.......or.....???