IGNORED

Dyna 3000 Ignition module

ibents

I have just recieved the Dyna 3000 ign mod, kit # D3K7-3 from ATV Galaxy. My question is, has anyone else installed this module and if so are there any particular settings for the 8 pins on the back.

I see the ones for the rev limiter ( it recomends 5000rpm) but do I need to touch the advance and retard pins. Any instruction/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Set the thing for 7500 rpm rev limit and curve 4 spark advance. Anything less than that won't be any better than the stock ignition module and you may as well have not spent the money on the thing.

I run 8000 rpms and curve 5 myself.

Thanks Pegscraper.

Ian

So you guys think the Dyna is a worthwhile performance mod? I got a birthday coming up, mite have to drop a few hints to the wife, do they come in "chrome" Craig

I really don't think you'll regret it Craig, if you dont like it, you can take it off and sell it for what you have in it. It really wakes the bike up with raising the rev limiter, you remember how you used to push your 1st gen to 8K on the tach

:)

So you say it helps with top end, any improvement in low and mid-range? Curious minds??

You also have several timing advancements that can be dialed in with it. This will help you out in all the RPM ranges, I know that I am planning on getting one before next years season starts.

• 7 years later...
i have heard that the 1300 motor is unbalanced and therefor the low rev limit setting. ive looked into these but im unsure if ill harm motor.

Thinking the early RSTD's are the Yam V-4's with the unbalanced motor in em Bows.. Those were 96 to 01 scoots I believe... I would be asking the same questions if I were thinking about raising the revs on one of those too if thats what your talking about...

Had one. Made my bike run like crap. Sent it back to Dyna.

Mike

I wasn't so upset about getting a bad on. It Can happen to anybody. What I didn't like was Dyna couldn't fix it and refused to replace it. I ended up putting it in a box and sending it to Dyna's president with a little note explaining how much I enjoyed his product. Never heard back.

Mike