IGNORED

2008 RSV "demo"

SilvrT

A local dealer has an '08 RSV for $15,988. This is a demo bike with 4000 km and first service done. Wondering what your thoughts are about this? Is buying a demo risky? Does the price sound good (seems to be for here in Canuck land).

If anyone's wondering, we've ruled out buying a new '09 Ultra... just can't work it into our budget so, the search is on for a really good RSV. I found an '05 on Van Island (asking $14000) and an '06 RSMV in Calgary (asking just under $14) that I'm looking into. Considering the price of the '08 and what the guys are asking for the other 2, .... the '08 is tempting.

Heck, I don't think buying a demo is risky. As long as it doesn't have too many dings etc. Even if it has some dings or what not they should take off for that, as long as you don't mind them.

It's got the 5 year warranty too so you're covered.

My concern about buying a demo is how it was ridden during the various "demo's" it was on. Some people will drive the crap out of these things. Yes, it has warranty but if anything is wrong, then I'd be the one inconvenienced while it's being fixed.

Hey Rick, the price looks good from here. the Dealer here has a demo (he doesnt let anyone ride it, its only been for showroom) but he still wants 19k for it.

He's crazy its been there a year!

Hey you and Nina thinking about coming to Cody next Sept and renting a teepee instead of the covered wagon?

Brian

Hey Rick, the price looks good from here. the Dealer here has a demo (he doesnt let anyone ride it, its only been for showroom) but he still wants 19k for it.

He's crazy its been there a year!

Hey you and Nina thinking about coming to Cody next Sept and renting a teepee instead of the covered wagon?

Brian

It's doubtful we'll make it but things can change. I am taking the whole month of June off so won't have any extra holiday time coming after that.

As for a teepee... heck, been there..done that too LOL

It's doubtful we'll make it but things can change. I am taking the whole month of June off so won't have any extra holiday time coming after that.

As for a teepee... heck, been there..done that too LOL

Hey I am still trying to see if we can get something going in BC in the Nelson area in late June, early July , mabbe you guys can make that one if you cant get to Cody. Maybe we can round up a teepee for you guys there

Brian

Hey I am still trying to see if we can get something going in BC in the Nelson area in late June, early July , mabbe you guys can make that one if you cant get to Cody. Maybe we can round up a teepee for you guys there

Brian

Brian... we'd probably be able to do that trip but... let's forget about the TeePee... reminds me too much of my last relationship (she's a native) LMAO!!! (what a bad scene that was for a year and a half).. hehe

My 99 was a sales rep's demo. I bought it with 1500 miles and put another 47,000 trouble free miles on it. I only paid $12,000 for it though when the new bike price was $16,000. So your price sounds high to me. One difficultly I had was that when I went in for the trunk replacement under warranty the warranty came back as powertrain only. I called the sales rep and he straightened it out, but make sure you are getting the full warranty.

EDIT, I just noticed the price is Canadian, so I'm not sure what a good price would be.

My 99 was a sales rep's demo. I bought it with 1500 miles and put another 47,000 trouble free miles on it. I only paid $12,000 for it though when the new bike price was $16,000. So your price sounds high to me. One difficultly I had was that when I went in for the trunk replacement under warranty the warranty came back as powertrain only. I called the sales rep and he straightened it out, but make sure you are getting the full warranty.

EDIT, I just noticed the price is Canadian, so I'm not sure what a good price would be.

I believe these bikes are around $22000 when they first hit the showroom.

They had this particular bike advertized a week ago at $17,900 (I think it was this one but maybe not coz they didn't specify it was a demo then)

Did you take it for a ride yet Rick? If its a whiner that will be showing soon. That is not a bad price for Canada.

For the warranty...it started the day they put it into service....you've got to consider that as well.

Wait till spring and sell your 87...you should get a good price.

Did you take it for a ride yet Rick? If its a whiner that will be showing soon. That is not a bad price for Canada.

For the warranty...it started the day they put it into service....you've got to consider that as well.

Wait till spring and sell your 87...you should get a good price.

thanks for the info... yes, my '87 will sit until spring and I'll sell it then. No, I haven't taken it for a ride...yet LOL but I will if the crappy rain stops...only downside of the '08 is it's that Grey color and I really don't care for that.

I did some digging and found '08 "demo's" selling for between $13k & $14k in the US so it appears the one here is priced right.

I'd grab it if it was the red & black color!