IGNORED

Tail light trouble...

Ok... thanks to the help I got here, :thumbsup2: I got my headlight issues taken care of...

Now the dang tail light doesn't work!! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

The brake lights are ok... the bulbs are ok... the fuses are ok...

What am I missing??? Why no tail lights??

Talk amongst yourselves for a bit... I gotta take the kidlet to the orthodontist right now.:duck:

Scott:scorched:

Bad ground to the tail light assembly?? Oops, no, you say that the brake lights are working. Well, check the Blue/White wire for 12 volts coming to the taillight. If not there, then check for 12 volts on the blue line coming to the running lights and into the dash. It may be the notorious bad solder joint on the dash connector that makes our fuel gauge, high beams, etc act up...

Ground is the same ground for Brake, and Tail. So if brake lights work

the ground for the two bulbs should be OK.

Check for Voltage, on Input side of the " tail " fuse.

Do the marker lights work on Front ?? If so, you have 4 bulbs not powered.

There is a 3 wire Plug, between the Ing Switch, and the Tail light Fuse. If no power to fuse, the plug could be the problem, Or the Ing switch. ( if 4 bulbs out, might be ing sw. )

Power from the fuse goes direct to the Two front marker bulbs. ( bypass's the computer monitor unit )

But for the Tail lights it goes to the computer monitor unit, then Out and to rear of bike for the two tail light bulbs.

there is a plug, about a 12 wire plug, located under the passenger seat, left side, pull this apart and clean the contacts. Problem might be there.

But for the Tail lights it goes to the computer monitor unit, then Out and to rear of bike for the two tail light bulbs.

there is a plug, about a 12 wire plug, located under the passenger seat, left side, pull this apart and clean the contacts. Problem might be there.

Thank you thank you thank you...

This place is the best! Any question asked is answered!!! I replaced the 'dash' with one from a parts bike on hand. The computer seems to be at fault here.

Thanks again!:clap2::thumbsup2::clap2::thumbsup2:

Scott:scorched: