IGNORED

having elec probs of my own now

with all the help i have recieved since being a member i am grateful ...but the powers that be want me to keep having issues.....

#1 my lowbeam headlight is very dim the warning light comes on i switch it to bright and it goes off duhhhh i have replaced the bulb (made sure i didnt touch it ) same problem i cleaned the connector still to no avail

my voltage is good anything i might be missing ? help lol ppl not going to like me at night with the brights on

#2 my brake fluid warning light comes on all the time. it goes off for a while the comes back on (thought it was the overheat warning till i looke at the online owners manual) sometime i wonder if im a blonde no offense lol

i know that im not low on fluid i have checked it and made sure both res are full i was told that htere is a float in the res that may stick but for the life of me i cant see it must be extremly internal

anyone have these problems before and have corrected them?

im beginning to wonder if someone is tell me that jess and i shouldnt be going on this long trip we r planning on july 7

thank you for any help yall can give

jack

#1 my lowbeam headlight is very dim the warning light comes on i switch it to bright and it goes off duhhhh i have replaced the bulb (made sure i didnt touch it ) same problem i cleaned the connector still to no avail

my voltage is good anything i might be missing ? help lol ppl not going to like me at night with the brights on

I have an '83VR that had the same problem with the head light. You're going to have to resolder the pc board in the CMS display....or replace it... I found a very clean low mile dash on Ebay and R&R'd the whole thing, but soldering is the cheapest way to go. I just ran around with the highbeam on and adjusted light down to the low angle. I wouldn't let the problem stop you from going on your trip.

#2 my brake fluid warning light comes on all the time. it goes off for a while the comes back on (thought it was the overheat warning till i looke at the online owners manual) i know that im not low on fluid i have checked it and made sure both res are full i was told that htere is a float in the res that may stick but for the life of me i cant see it must be extremly internal anyone have these problems before and have corrected them?

Ditto on the brake fluid light. It would come on and then go off when a bump was hit,,,, then come on again a little later. Was driving me nutz. And now that you mention it I haven't had it happen since the new dash was put in...outta sight...outta mind I guess??

The two sensors are in Series, Inst panel, to the front resovoiur, then to the Rear sensor, then "B" wire to ground.

It looks like if you Lift the Rear black wire from its ground connection the light should go Off.

However, that would disable the warning circuit.

If you Replace all the Brake Fluid, it might stop comeing on. Its possible there is crud in the fluid, causing the Switch in the Fluid Resoviour to Stick.

How long since you bleed out and replaced all the brake fluid ??

Jack,

I have a dash assembly, minus the volt meter, which I can send you to either test your wiring, or use until you can get your's fixed. At least this way it will get you up and running for your upcoming trip.

If interested, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get it shipped out to you.

Russell

Jack,

I have a dash assembly, minus the volt meter, which I can send you to either test your wiring, or use until you can get your's fixed. At least this way it will get you up and running for your upcoming trip.

If interested, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get it shipped out to you.

Russell

Russ, did yours come off an 83? I think the dashes for the '83 are a different plug set up from the rest of the 1stGen world. I'm not sure about 84's and 85's working, but If your's has a dimmer switch on it, it may not work.......'specially if it's from a 86 on..... I wish my 83 had a dimmer switch, changed out all the dash lights on the new one before installing and talk about bright!!.........:15_8_211[1]:

The two sensors are in Series, Inst panel, to the front resovoiur, then to the Rear sensor, then "B" wire to ground.

It looks like if you Lift the Rear black wire from its ground connection the light should go Off.

However, that would disable the warning circuit.

If you Replace all the Brake Fluid, it might stop comeing on. Its possible there is crud in the fluid, causing the Switch in the Fluid Resoviour to Stick.

How long since you bleed out and replaced all the brake fluid ??

Now that you mention it, I had this problem with my 83 when i first got it. it had been sitting a while.

just a question, here, about brake fluid reservoir.

if the fluid level is "too high", will that make the light come on ,when the fluid warms up and expands?

just jt

No, it just goes on, when the Level is lower than to be good.

Russ, did yours come off an 83? I think the dashes for the '83 are a different plug set up from the rest of the 1stGen world. I'm not sure about 84's and 85's working, but If your's has a dimmer switch on it, it may not work.......'specially if it's from a 86 on..... I wish my 83 had a dimmer switch, changed out all the dash lights on the new one before installing and talk about bright!!.........:15_8_211[1]:

The one I have came off the 86. And yes, it does have the dimmer switch. Foolish me, I thunk they was all the same... :doh: