IGNORED

Tom E.'s bike is gone....

Ladyrider

Hi V. Family. wanted you to know my dear Tom's bike was finally sold. I took $2,500 for the '93 and the matching trailer. My friend from church garaged the bike since the accident and took care of the sale. So, I did not meet the guy who bought it. He wanted me to throw in the parts bike, I said no. So, I have the parts bike. It needs to go. Guess I will run it on Craigs list see if I can get a few hundred out of it. I was sad to close that chapter of my life. My heart aches, like I cannot describe to you, every time I pass any type of bike on the road. I wonder if that ache will ever go away? I wish I had my bike triked like Tom wanted to do for me. I will wish that till I die. I am sure he would have had a chance on his bigger bike in the accident. He had told me, he would not ride my bike any more if I had him trike it for me. Why, oh why didn't I do that? cuz I am a cheap, selfish B* and thought him riding my bike to work would save on gas.

I always told Tom I would not be able to stay on these two acres by myself, with the house, yard and pool. I cannot do all the work and maintenence. I hired a pool guy. And the boys mow the lawn and pull a few weeds, but its still a landscape disaster. I need to break down and hire a yard man. I started work on my barn last year to convert it to a house, without permits. Neighbor turned me in, and 12 months later ($12,000 for the 2 permits) with my permits, they are remusing the work on this house/barn. I was going to have my sons live there...NOT...those kids can't do what this property needs. So, I plan to find some older man to live there, or a married couple, to keep the house maintined, the yard and pool.

The lawsuit is not resolved. I expect it to go to trial, the newest date is February. The opposing attourney has now desposed Toms cousin, Lenore, whom I have confided anything and every thing in.

They want to find out from her, what she knows about me. They asked in my depostion who I talked to and confided in.

My oldest, Jason, is living with his Fiance and a senior in college. Were on the outs right now...

Tom's eldest, TJ, is a Freshman at the jr college. He has his first GF and she is a sweetheart. I finally got to meet her last week and watching my son hold her hand brought an ache to my heart. Tom would have been proud of TJ and Tj is doing well in school because of this nice girl. she makes him happy and he does that for her. I am so glad for him

DJ, our 'heart adopted' son, has gotten into some trouble. he is now on my 'probabtion' and needs to change his friends, or he may have to leave. He says he will, so I will give him another chance. I hope to convince him to sign up for the job corp. He is in special ed at as a HS senior and is barely passing his classes. we are working for a dipolma, instead of just a certificate. In calif, you have to pass the HS exit exam and he is way below the mark on that.

Randy, Tom's youngest, is in 8th grade. He and I are together the most (as the older boys don't like going places with this old lady).

He seems to be doing OK. I feel so bad, knowing his memories of his dad will be the weakest and fade the fastest. He wants to attend boarding school next year, the same one I attended. On the coast about 2 1/2 hrs from here. Its a great school and I think he would do well there.

I continue to be overwhelmed most of the time. I have read lots of books on relationships and listen to CD's in the car. Networking. Yep that is the key. The internet dating does not work so well. I am getting use to being by myself and I am really not that bad, once I get to know myself...LOL....I am going to take some classes and get out and do things to meet more people. I still have not given up the idea of hanging out at the hardware store once a week...LOL...

I am almost back into my quilting and have start back to exercising at curves.

Peace, happiness and safe riding to you all...you will always have a piece of my heart and thoughts, even if I dont come around.

Hugs to each of you...

Ladyrider (Sherry Patterson):cool10:

Sherry.Im glad to see you on here and PLEASE stay in touch with us..I had talked to Gary this past weekend and asked about you.We are planning a trip to California next year,Actually all over the western US and would like to stop by and have coffee as we pass thru...Keep in touch,you are always on our mind. Tom

It great to hear from you, glad to see you are getting on with your life. I know it cant be easy, but I am sure you will manage and do well in life. Dont be a stranger,I know you have another life now without Venturerider, but you will always be family, dont forget that, if you want to vent or talk, we are always here for you.

Lewis & Charlene

Sherry.Im glad to see you on here and PLEASE stay in touch with us..I had talked to Gary this past weekend and asked about you.We are planning a trip to California next year,Actually all over the western US and would like to stop by and have coffee as we pass thru...Keep in touch,you are always on our mind. Tom

I would welcome you with open, loving arms. under one condition...I get to sneak a ride on your wheels...man i need a fix, bad...my numbers are on my personal information on the site. anyone can call me any time. I know Gary emailed me and I have not responded yet. We have talked also. (Gary, I promise to email you soon).

I would welcome you with open, loving arms. under one condition...I get to sneak a ride on your wheels...man i need a fix, bad...my numbers are on my personal information on the site. anyone can call me any time. I know Gary emailed me and I have not responded yet. We have talked also. (Gary, I promise to email you soon).

Sherry,With that kind of deal We may make it sooner! I would be HONERED to take you for a ride..Heck if you ever want to get away Debby and I will be more than happy for you to come stay with us( Will pay Flight even!) and we will treat You like Royalty! In fact we will ride the Three Sisters and make a day of it! Ever been to Luckenbach,Texas? 35 minutes away! Tom

Edited by Tom

Sherry, thanks for the update. I think the gentleman that bought the bike and trailer got a heck of a deal.

You shouldn't second guess yourself about wanting Tom to ride your bike to save gas. It probably wouldn't have mattered in the accident.

Take care of yourself and keep posting. We wish you the best, and will continue to keep you in our hearts and prayers.

Bob

sherry ,great to hear from you. sorry to hear about some of your tough times but thing will get better as time moves on. your barn convertion really sounds neat. linda always wanted to convert a barn into a house on some acreage but just to old to move again. hang in there and don't stay away so long. bill :2133:

Good to hear from you Sherry. I truly wanted to buy your bike but.....what I would have done is then sell it here for a huge profit and that didnt sit well with me. Believe it, it would have been worth it for me to drive all that way and bring them back.

Sounds like your hands are full and you are as busy as a one armed juggler eating supper!

Take care.

Hey Sherry, wife and I may be up that way before too long and would love to have a cup with ya? will em ya more as we know more and to restate try not to second guess yourself things maynot have changed and what ifs are so energy consuming. If you want to call our numbers are on my page here too, look forward to talking to you again soon.

I wonder if that ache will ever go away?

I would suppose not completely, Sherry! If anything, I would think that you will never completely forget Tom, nor should you. He meant the world to you, as did you to him, and that's something that should never cese. In a way, I can understand that as I am still in love with my first wife, who may or may not be alive. Of course I love my present wife with all my heart and soul, and would never be untrue to her, but even to this day I stil think of my first. You see, at one time, I had a strong enough commitment to her to ask her to spend the rest of our lives together, but some times things don't work out the way they should. My point is, don't forget the past, but don't live in it either. Live today for today. I am so glad you are moving on and are coming to grips with things.

Remember we are famliy here too, and keep in touch.

OH thank you so much for the kind words. It really touches this old ladies heart. Please call and stop any time, anyone that is in the area. It seems like all the fun and hope of things to look forward to are gone in ilfe. Yes, I have the boys and wonderful events in their lives to look forward to, but there is a lot of C* to wade through to get there....its messed up getting all dirty alone. The trips to costco are a bore, no one to discuss this project or that. No fun vacations (cant get the older boys to even to go a movie with me). I am existing. Getting use to being just me. Just by myself. But, I am trying to get out and make new friends. Still gotta come home to me and stuff animals, my caving (in my bedroom) and my dogs...little yappers. I should be so grateful for that, and I am. Sorry I complain.

I know God is good to me and really is taking excellant care of me. Pray for my boys. They need extra behind the scenes help....dads not here to back them up.