Depends on how much you want to spend on it. Saddlemen makes the Travelcade seat, there's Corbin and Hartco too. You could just have your stock seat redone. Maybe talk to Rick Butler about it, maybe he could help you, he's a member here who works on seats. He just modfied mine and they're great.

Does anyone know where I may find a new seat for an 87VR ? I am a big guy and the seat is a little light. I want a big thick soft seat. Any ideas? Should I take it and have it re- upholstered?

Thanks for any help!!!ffice:office" />

All the stock saddles are going to feel basically the same. You can find them all over Ebay. The '87 takes the one with the flaired out passenger seat. If you want to get it enlarged I'd talk to Rick Butler. I'm also a big guy, and I picked up a Corbin a few years ago, and finally put it on the '91. In comparison my '83 has a custom soft leather saddle. When I climbed on the Corbin I just went Ahhhh!!! It was hard, but dang it felt good. It was also must have been custom built for a big guy, and I actually gained a couple of inches rearward. On the '83 my knees almost touch the fairing. With the Corbin I actually have 2-3 inches of room in front of the knees. The passenger seat actually goes under the back rest about 2". To the point that there isn't much passenger room, or even enough room to put a duffle in there. So it's time to move the trunk a few inches back....but that's another story... Good luck finding something that'll work for you.

Depends on how much you want to spend on it. Saddlemen makes the Travelcade seat, there's Corbin and Hartco too. You could just have your stock seat redone. Maybe talk to Rick Butler about it, maybe he could help you, he's a member here who works on seats. He just modfied mine and they're great.

I have a saddlemen travelcade on my 85 1st gen and as a big guy I find it pushes me too far forward as the seat riser seems to be too far forward. (the passenger has lots of room, but it does nothing for me. I have exchanged emails with Rick Butler and he suggested I send the saddlemens down for him to rework and move the riser back to make more room for me. I plan to do that over the winter.

I think you can find Rick in the classifieds at the top of the page, if not just do a search for his name, I am sure it will come up.

Brian

Is it actually possible to move the luggage box back?

Like on an 84 VR?

There's a couple of different bracket designs that move the MkI trunks back a few inches. Jeff (Muffinman) sent me a set a couple of years back that were Z shaped for the MkI. Since the trunk is removable it's a matter of moving the whole mounting rack back with 4 small brackets. With the non-removable MkII's there's more to it and the brackets need to fit between the trunk and rack. If you do a search we had a thread going a couple of months ago on the project.