IGNORED

Any Idea What This Bike is Worth?

skydoc_17

Hi All,

A friend of a friend is selling his 2001 XVS1100 VSTAR (see pics below) for $2500.00. It has A Harley Headlight and Running Lights, Hard Saddle Bags, Cobra Exhausts, and rear Air Suspension with onboard compressor. It has 6100 miles on it. It is a bit loud for my tastes but Ebay has stock pipes cheap. If anyone knows anything about these bikes, PLEASE let me know, I know very little about the big twins.

Thanks for your help,

Earl

HAD ONE OF THE 1100S FOR FIVE YEARS..ROAD IT TWO UP...PLENTY OF POWER..WHEN I TRADED IT IN I GOT WHAT I'D PAID FOR IT NEW BY MY DEALER...YES I HAD A LOT OF TOYS ON IT..INCLUDING ALLIGATOR HARD BAGS ,CB RADIO ,TONS OF CHROME,CUSTOM SEATS,WINSHIELD.ETC...ETC...ETC... LOVED THAT BIKE..SORRY I DIDN'T BUY MY RSV STRAIT UP...ANYWAY SOUNDS VERY REASONABLE ...PRICE THAT IS...:thumbsup:

Check the book value, Trade in and Retail. I would say about 1/2 between those two numbers would be a good place to start.

Remember, used bikes are a glut on the market right now.

I was checking on the 98 to 02 VL 1500 Suziki, I found about 10 of them sold recently on E-Bay, for about $4,800.00, average

Check completed sales on E-Bay for the one you are looking at.

i have a 01 1100 and i bought it couple of years ago, wrecked for $1000.00. put about $2000.00 in it and when i last looked on e-bay they were going from$3-5000.00 acording to what they had on them and milage. if it runs out good and it in fair shape, i would go for it for that price. the 1100 is a great bike for it's size and run great at interstate speeds. it's a little bit small for any good size persons, unless riding solo. always make sure they have a good title in hand before putting out the money, i have several friends that has bought bike latley and peple tell them they had a clear title and they wind up getting it and can't get a clean title. if the bike's not in the name of the seller, i wouldn't touch it.