IGNORED

Corp. Yamaha phone number

shooter3001

I'm trying to get the dealership to fix my radio on my 07 RSV. Yamaha says it's a Clairion problem, the dealer can't seem to get a response from Clairion, so I want to call Yamaha Corp. and see if I can get a fire lit under them. Does anyone have the phone number to Yamaha Corp. and maybe a name of someone that I might be able to talk to?

Your radio is covered for ANY problems through Yamaha...Your bike has a 5 yr fender to fender warrenty.

I would march back into that dealer and politely ask for the site manager, then ask the manager to go to his office in that you want 10 minutes of his time to discuss a problem you have in private.

Once in his office, put himon the spot, and ask him to call his Yama district rep right then on the phone...and let YOU speak to the yamaha rep yourself..

Dont take no for an answer unless he gives you the phone number of his rep.

Once he does, ask him if you can use HIS phone while he is there..

One way or the other, that radio IS covered for any problems you have.

He can place that call or he can call another rep.... I know because that is what I did..

Once I spoke with the yama rep about my problem, he said let me hand me back to the manager so i can speak with him..I walked out a satisfied customer as far as my problem went, but I told the site manager that HE should have placed that call himself with out me asking him to do his dang job.. and that I will never be back..

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

6555 Katella Avenue

Cypress, CA 90630

Customer Relations

(800) 962-7926

Garry-

Here's the listed information: Yamaha Motor Corporation USA

6555 Katella Ave Cypress, CA 90630-5101

(714) 761-7300

I don't know of who to refer you to but there are some others that have been down this road.

I would remind them that you didn't purchase your bike from Clarion but from Yamaha and it has a warranty that you expect them to honor. If Yamaha has an issue with Clarion, it's between them. Best of luck!

Dave

I'm trying to get the dealership to fix my radio on my 07 RSV. Yamaha says it's a Clairion problem, the dealer can't seem to get a response from Clairion, so I want to call Yamaha Corp. and see if I can get a fire lit under them. Does anyone have the phone number to Yamaha Corp. and maybe a name of someone that I might be able to talk to?

That's BS. Your bike is covered by a blanket warranty. Yamaha sold it, they need to fix it. There are many parts on the bike that are jobbed out to sub-suppliers. It's not your responsibility to deal with each and every one for warranty resolve...

Mine (2005) is in the shop right now for repair of the radio. They had to send it to California, but they didn't give me any hassle about getting it repaired under warranty. The GM even asked me if I knew about the I basket. They are supposed to be checking that out for me also.

Had my radio control unit replaced, no questions asked. It didn't work, heck we'll call you when the replacement is in...

That's a Yamaha Dealer...

Oh by the way, that's all they handle, just Yamahas...

Two thumbs up for GA Checkpoint...

I went back to the dealership this morning and by chance, the Dist. Rep. was there from Yamaha. I explained to him about "THE GHOST IN THE RADIO" and he oked the dealer to put on a new controler. Dealer already had the new controler there just waiting for the ok from Yamaha. So they swapped out the controler. It took a couple hours while I waited.

Had my radio control unit replaced, no questions asked. It didn't work, heck we'll call you when the replacement is in...

That's a Yamaha Dealer...

Oh by the way, that's all they handle, just Yamahas...

Two thumbs up for GA Checkpoint...

I have to agree, they are a good shop.

I went back to the dealership this morning and by chance, the Dist. Rep. was there from Yamaha. I explained to him about "THE GHOST IN THE RADIO" and he oked the dealer to put on a new controler. Dealer already had the new controler there just waiting for the ok from Yamaha. So they swapped out the controler. It took a couple hours while I waited.

Hope that fixed the problem.:Venture: