IGNORED

Zuma 550

Double D

When our old zumo broke we called a place that had them that cheap (might have even been that one). The guy told my wife that it had the old data base in it and if we wanted a the new one it would be 200 more.. I did manage to find some profanity before i hung up on him!.

Check this site: http://www.86photovideo.com/products.asp?dept_id=&product_id=18765&show=included

It states that the following items come with the GPS for $449

zūmo 550

Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage)

MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD or City Navigator Europe NT DVD (full unlock)*

Motorcycle mount with mounting hardware

Vehicle suction cup mount with integrated speaker

Dashboard disk

Vehicle power cable

Motorcycle power cable

USB cable

Security screwdriver

Custom caps (silver and black)

Garmin stickers

Owner's manual on disk

Quick reference guide

They list the 450 for $295.:confused07:

I read thier info and it states:

Shop with confidence; Everything we sell is 100% new & includes manufactures warrenty.

I would make sure though that the, Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage) is the 2009 version...

The below listed items are standard issue with the Zummo 550:

MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD or City Navigator Europe NT DVD (full unlock)*

Dashboard disk

Vehicle power cable

Motorcycle power cable

USB cable

Security screwdriver

Garmin stickers

Owner's manual on disk

Quick reference guide

One other thing I noticed though is at the very bottom of the page.

Prices, specifications and images are subject to change without notice

Also...be wary of any ONLINE storefront that says one of their representatives will call you back to validate your order.

They are looking to upsell (cables, instructions, SDcards, etc). If you don;t want to pay for any extras, the unit magically "goes out of stock" (for ever).

Bought my Zumo 550 from newegg.com...costs about $40.00 more, but I've done a lot of business with them and NEVER had ANY issues.

:thumbsup: So I trust them!

Also...be wary of any ONLINE storefront that says one of their representatives will call you back to validate your order.

They are looking to upsell (cables, instructions, SDcards, etc). If you don;t want to pay for any extras, the unit magically "goes out of stock" (for ever).

Bought my Zumo 550 from newegg.com...costs about $40.00 more, but I've done a lot of business with them and NEVER had ANY issues.

:thumbsup: So I trust them!

$40 more that what, that site lists them for $689.99.

Check this site: http://www.86photovideo.com/products.asp?dept_id=&product_id=18765&show=included

It states that the following items come with the GPS for $449

zūmo 550

Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage)

Dashboard disk

Vehicle power cable

Motorcycle power cable

USB cable

Security screwdriver

Garmin stickers

Owner's manual on disk

Quick reference guide

They list the 450 for $295.:confused07:

86 video is DEFINETLY A SCAM. STAY AWAY.

i have dealt with some of these video sites , watch the ny city ones, for camera equipment and many are right they will try to sell you extras and if no buy then unit is all of a sudden on backorder.....also be 100% sure it is not a grey market product...grey market is usually from overseas and does not carry a USA warranty or might be a factory reconditioned unit........hope this helps

You can also try the state attorney general or better business bureau sites to see if they have any complaints about this company open.

Price seems way to low and as others have said may be the doorway to the bait and switch routine etc.

I always think if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

I got mine from MEGAGPs. Heard good things about them via word of mouth and some research. Paid more but I was confident in the place up front.

I bought from here also and it was free 2nd day shipping. Great place with no problems at all.

Stay away from any site that has a number or the word camera in it. They will try and sell you more expensive goodies to go with the Zumo and then if you don't buy that stuff they all of a sudden have it on back order for 3 months.

Duuble D, (and other Zummo 550 owners)..

Not sure if this site would help any of you but it has helped me with some problems that I have had with my Zummo 550..

Sometimes it may be the unit, but other times it may be the operator...

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php

At the top of the HOME page, left hand side, click on "forum" to read the many posts on problems, causes and suggested solutions.. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Eck

Duuble D, (and other Zummo 550 owners)..

Not sur eif this site would help any of you but it has helped me with some problems that I have had with my Zummo 550..

Sometimes it may be the unit, but other times it may be the operator...

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php

At the top of the HOME page, left hand side, click on "forum" to read the many posts on problems, causes and suggested solutions.. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Eck, but I don't own one yet, just looking for the best price.:2132:

Thanks Eck, but I don't own one yet, just looking for the best price.:2132:

I knew, (or didnt think), you had one yet, but just thought maybe the info would be of help if you or anyone else ever did need it bud.

My Zummo 550 (I think), is about to poop out on me..

When I turn it on, only half the screen lights up... but then it comes on full screen after about 30 seconds (which seems like a long time).. Then when I go to maps, it sometimes shows the road I am presently on, and with out touching anything on the unit it changes by itself to where I can see all the roads in the whole city, then it goes back to just a few surrounding roads from where I am located.

I happen to use the unit on its own power last weekend and the battery went dead on us while in use, so I shut it off.

I fully charged it last night and this morning I turned it on and again only half the screen lit up... but then it came on and has worked ok all the way to work.

I programed my home address into it and will see if it takes me home after work tonight like it is supposed to.... then I will try another address just to see if it keeps working properly..I certaily hope so...if not, it is going back for repair or replacement..